• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

I agree. Some of you doubters are really annoying. We're all trying to share our excitement about an update here, so let's stay positive.

Still no update for me in NY. I'll post back when I receive it.

The fishy part (still) is no one is replying back with their build information that you can easily get by going to settings, about this phone, and version number, etc.

With the image provided it's obvious that the update is starting to be rolled out, but not posting the internal version number and everything is the reason for distrust.

That being said I believe those who said they have it, mostly because I don't care if they do or don't have it.

Upvote 0
for those trying to figure out if it's geography based, looks like people on that other forum have started a collaborative google map to mark where the updates are happening... DROID 1st OTA Update - Google Maps

Wow! I actually see a pin for Yuba City, CA on that map lol. Glad to know I'm not alone out here :p

Now if I could just get my update! hehe

Upvote 0
I agree. Some of you doubters are really annoying. We're all trying to share our excitement about an update here, so let's stay positive.

Still no update for me in NY. I'll post back when I receive it.

I've been checking my phone every 30 seconds since I first saw this post...most of us "doubters" were probably being sarcastic or joking around. Don't take everything on the tubes so seriously, Al Gore doesn't.

No update yet here in Lancaster, PA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones