General OTA update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lewa, Aug 25, 2010.

1. lewa

lewa Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Sorry, I put a vanilla ROM on my phone long ago and haven't touched HTC sense since.

But, I heard something about a recent OTA update that fixes the audio bug...is that true?

Advertisement

2. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    If you rooted your phone and put a rom on your phone, chances are all your silent bug problems are fixed. At least mine were...

3. lewa

lewa Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Nope, still got the silent bug.

I'll check for a new version on the ROM...

ALong those lines, if I upgrade to a new version of the same ROM, do I have to do a wipe?

4. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    IT Manager
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes you will want to do a full wipe. Although sometimes it will work just flashing over the old version I always end up with problems just updating. Titianium Backup will backup your apps and their settings which makes it much easier to reinstall your apps.

5. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Does anybody know what it was about the the July OTA that fixed the silent audio bug? Was it the new version of the radio?

If it was, you can keep your ROM and all of your settings and flash the new radio by reading this thread: July 2010 Eris Radio - 2.42.01.04.27 - xda-developers

Just note that doing things like flashing a new radio is risky, and can brick your phone (just like rooting and flashing new ROMs can.) But, I did flash this radio and my phone is fine, and, if you have silent audio, it's probably worth it.

6. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Smog Tech
    I'm pretty sure that every ROM released since that radio was released includes it.

7. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Jan 7, 2010
    The ROMs never/rarely include the radio, actually. Some of the sense based ROMs have the rest of the updates, though.