OTA UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. RavenDBlades

RavenDBlades Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can any one confirm that the Optimus T gets WIFI Calling with the new update, and if so what did you do to get it? Please I need help, I dont have service where I live and Wifi Calling would be a HUGE boon. Thank you for your assistance.

Advertisement
  2. aap

aap Active Member

Picked up two Optimus T's on the same day, about two weeks ago, one for my wife and one for me. Hers got the OTA update the same day. Mine still doesn't have it. The update does include wifi calling. Kind of sad that using your own wifi still consumes your T-mobile minutes... so we won't be using that feature. But since you don't have service at home I guess that is worth something.

RavenDBlades likes this.
  3. RavenDBlades

Hey thanks for the reply. At least this way i know that there is a legit update and Tmo isnt just blowing smoke like some companies do....

4. RavenDBlades

FYI for those looking to get the wifi calling update. I just got mine and here is how i was able to get it. I rooted my phone using the Z4root found [APP] z4root - xda-developers and then wiped my phone (however this was accedental, not sure if it had anything to do with it.) then i made a call and did the *#*#checkin#*#* (243246) and then went to do the software update. It instantly registered that the update was available (11mb) and whadya know there it was. Wifi Calling

5. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Well-Known Member

Just got my update this morning. After the update was complete, a window popped up saying WIFI calling is now available and sure enough, it was. Haven't tried it yet.

6. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

whats the newest software version. my optimus t is software version LG-P509-V10h & the build is FRF91.....

7. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

does this one have wifi calling

8. RavenDBlades

This is unfortunatly not the one that has wifi calling. the software version that does is LG-p509-V10I. And like my above states the only way i was able to get it was to reset my phones back to factory.

9. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

thanx.

10. lcanajoharie

lcanajoharie Member

Got the OTA automatically...it just happened a few days ago. Wifi calling works well. Took a minute to connect to the network when I first set it up. Was not aware that it still consumes plan minutes. That's idiotic and makes the feature useless for me. My cell reception is just fine.

11. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

i guess i'm good without the wifi calling. besides i got unlimited everything. as long as the gingerbread update comes thru.

12. downeaststudio

downeaststudio Well-Known Member

I got the update by going to LG's website. No need to root phone and then do a wipe or anything like that. Simply click on the mobile support link on their website and install the necessary software.

13. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

ok so just go to www.lg.com

on the left it should say mobile phones. highlight and click on mobile support.

on the next screen click on phone software update.

right underneath where it says lg mobile phone support it should say phone software update and download. two different tabs. click on download. then underneath the new tab download again.

click run and install the program. after that just follow on screen instructions.

after doing this i updated my software from v10h to the newest one v10l.

wifi calling should work after this.

14. Gbert88

Gbert88 Active Member

just tried the wifi calling at a local friends house and it works like a charm....