OTA updateGeneral

1. blkidea

blkidea Active Member

I received an OTA update last night. Not sure what bugs it fixed or if anything has improved so far. Has anyone else gotten the update?

Advertisement
  2. MRguyandhis2

MRguyandhis2 Well-Known Member

I just talked to t-mo customer care on Saturday and they said it was an update to gingerbread that fixed some peoples non functional home button, battery drain, sluggishness of loading pics from gallery, sluggishness of apploading, and a couple of other things and it could potentially block all native tethering since t-mo is following the trend of other carriers and locking away all of the native tethering. That's straight from customer care
  3. MRguyandhis2

4. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

No relation to you MR but I've found that most TM reps don't have a clue and also that when they don't have a clue they feel free to make up crap rather than seem dumb.

The official info on the update is here:

T-Mobile Support Community: Software upgrade to Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) - T-Mobile G2

I can also say that it does not affect tethering and also that it adds/changes other things not mentioned. For me at least it seems to have solved the issue of photos not showing up in the Gallery. It also improved the Market's ability to handle more than one Google account on the phone (i.e. the Market update notifications are now specific to each account).

Over-all I think it's a big improvement and corrects a lot of bugs in Gingerbread.
  5. MRguyandhis2

Well if you look at the screen shot I posted it blocked my hotspot tethering. But for somereason that's. Only if I use IE or FF. On chrome it still works.

As for all those other things I didn't really have those problems since I have been running different roms
  6. blkidea

blkidea Active Member

I have not lost the ability to tether...