OTA Update?General

Last Updated:

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Hey everybody, has anyone ran an OTA update on the Aviator? I got a notification on mine that there is an update, but I'm out of town and roaming, so it won't let me run the update until I'm back in the US Cellular network.

Has anyone seen any sort of a changelog or anything on the update?

Advertisement
  2. Rempala

Rempala Member

Says Iam current

PDA: FC01
    CMDA : FC01
    LTE: FB03
  3. Zebulon

Mine has all that as well, but when I tap on "check for update" it says "Software update has been scheduled to be initiated when the handset returns to US Cellular network."
  4. Rempala

Rempala Member

Yes it will not check for a update off of the USCC Network. It will wait until you get back on it.
  5. mplusp67

mplusp67 New Member

I read this and then checked for an update, I got the message that a software update has been initiated, I tap yes and then I get a message that the software is current.....
  6. Toddster101010

Toddster101010 New Member

Just a heads up guys....if you root your phone and do the update, the update will wipe the root out of the phone and you will not be able to re-root your phone with the current available kernals.
    The update is not worth it anyway since rooting the phone takes care of the so called Samsung Update that fixes what the root does already.
    dukeofbluz likes this.
  7. Zebulon

There is also an app called OTA Rootkeeper that would probably maintain your root access.

Personally, I haven't messed with the update because rooting has pretty much solved most of my gripes with the Aviator.
  8. Toddster101010

Toddster101010 New Member

Thanks for the input. I just did the backup :cool: