• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA Update

I just did the over the air firmware update a few mins ago, it completed successfully, but I honestly don't see a difference. Does anyone know what the update consisted of? My carrier is Cricket.
Hi, welcome to the forums! I never did any of the updates, but it supposedly fixed some mysterious "memory issues". (which is one thing I've never seen anybody complain about anyway) Probably an attempt to fix some problems with the original update that added the Muve music crap.

Reactions: quehoo
Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to the forums! I never did any of the updates, but it supposedly fixed some mysterious "memory issues". (which is one thing I've never seen anybody complain about anyway) Probably an attempt to fix some problems with the original update that added the Muve music crap.

Thank you for the welcome and for the reply. I am not sure if its the update I received last night, or just dumb luck lol but I have not had the error 98 code today, and my mercury does seem to be running waaaaaaaaaaay faster and more stable. I don't wanna give Cricket to many thumbs up lol they might start getting a god complex thinking they are all that then some to where we'd never get the long awaited ICS lol. Anyway, just wanted to give a tad more feedback on last nights ota firmware update.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the welcome and for the reply. I am not sure if its the update I received last night, or just dumb luck lol but I have not had the error 98 code today, and my mercury does seem to be running waaaaaaaaaaay faster and more stable. I don't wanna give Cricket to many thumbs up lol they might start getting a god complex thinking they are all that then some to where we'd never get the long awaited ICS lol. Anyway, just wanted to give a tad more feedback on last nights ota firmware update.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working out for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones