• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA updates failing on reflashed stock rom

12stringchap

Jun 29, 2010
I have tried several things and the updates will not install. I started by using AllyRR yesterday to flash a custom rom. I reflashed to the stock V8 rom and it wouldn't install the update. So I tried reflashing to V6 with LG updater and then downloading the update and that won't install either. Does AllyRR do anything to the Ally to cause this?

The custom recovery blocks it. You must reflash the stock recovery after flashing to stock to install the update

Well I put the v8 stock on
and the stock_recovery.img

I then unrooted
Then I tried to apply the update.
No good it starts to do it then it just stops and boots up normally without the Update having been installed.
But then again I am having trouble with this phone period. everytime I put the recovery 1.2.3 back on and try to install my old nandroid back ups I cant. drellisdee told me to use nandroid-mobile.sh while in recovery mode.
well I did that but I dont know the proper steps after that.

So I am kinda stuck.

Dont know what to do?!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones