OTA updates with AT&T

Last Updated:

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will my N1 still get updates OTA on AT&T? The reason I am wondering is that since AT&T doesn't really sell this phone, why would they push out updates for it?

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

AT&T, and any carriers for that matter, will NOT be doing the OTA updates. As the Nexus One is purchased directly from Google, they will be sending out the OTA. So when Froyo (Android OS 2.2) comes out, we will be the first to receive it. For most people, this is one of the main factors in their decision to purchase the N1. The fact that phones that are less than a year old have been guttered into never moving beyond 1.5 (Drem/G1) was a big turnoff for most people. Also, there are no bloated firmwares from carriers or the manufactuers (ex. Sense) that bog down the phone from being updated quickly. So with the N1, we won't need to wait for the manufactuer to make adjustments to the vanilla android system.

Hope that answers your question,
    -Roze-

kgeissler and Talderon like this.
  3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Great Reply. :)

I could not have said it better myself and as to your post, was a MAJOR factor in my decision to get the N1, updates ASAP, Carrier Bloat-Ware NONE.

4. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

Your N1 will get updated directy from Google!! Android 2.2 Froyo is just around the corner! And guess who gets this major update first?? Ya we do!!

No longer will I buy a *branded* phone. Just going to stick with Google's devices!!!

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I would have gotten the N1 if it wasn't for the Desire :D

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Have fun waiting for 2.2 ;) ...just read that Droid Eris just got the 2.1 update >_>;