OTA v2.77.651.8 Available

1. DialtonePhone

DialtonePhone Member

Anyone try this out yet?
    Experiences, updates, and other info wanted.

Advertisement
  2. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

I did this last noght with no problems. I don't know what it is suppose to fix though.

BTW, does anyone know why we are still not able to remove Sprint Football Live from these phones since it is no longer available?
  3. turkbot

turkbot Active Member

Its a system app cant remove those unless you root
  4. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Is there a change log available??
  5. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

Installing it now. Google says "minor UI update" and the sprint updates blog says you can dial from embedded numbers...but couldn't I do that before?

Bet it doesn't fix the reload issue.

ETA:
    Well, it broke my WiFi.

ETA x2:
    It actually didn't break my WiFi. I did a battery pull and let it start without touching it and it was fine. Don't let my spaz attack freak you out. Didn't fix the reload issue though.
  6. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Sprint Community: 8/29 - HTC EVO Shift 4G Software Update 2.77.651.8

7. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

I realize it's a system app, but since it doesn't work anymore(because Sprint has pulled the plug on it), Sprint should be the one to remove it from our phones. Just my opinion.
  8. CNexus

CNexus Active Member

Basically this just breaks basic functionality of your phone. OTA adds an app called "HTCLinkifyDispatcher" because of an Apple lawsuit against HTC. Apple claims that the ability to have youtube links open in stock youtube app is theirs and the like (map links open in map, etc), so HTC "fixed" this by including a new menu under Settings > Applications > App associations and having the default apps set through there. But the problem is that most links that you would expect to open in their corresponding stock apps don't anymore, because of these "fixes"