OtaGeneral

1. cpupeli1

cpupeli1 Well-Known Member

Read this today about a new OTA with some bug fixes

LG Lucid receiving a maintenance upgrade

I'm assuming if we're rooted we won't receive it? If anyone receives it, please respond so we'll know if its rolling out or not.

Advertisement
    :
  2. htgmc

htgmc Member

Just got it...rebooting now. I'll let you know soon if I still over heat.

3. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

Mine just got it as well.
  4. htgmc

htgmc Member

Update: 4g is working again. Make sure before you do the update to toggle 4g back on if you have turned it off. I had to jump though hoops but I figured it out.

Good news...phone rebooted and works. Bad news...lost 4g that I had before update.
  5. Adamsalmon

Adamsalmon Member

Got my update earlier and wish it was ics
  6. avelis26

avelis26 Well-Known Member

Really? I couple of lousy widget updates ... freaking lame. This really is an unloved device. :-(
  7. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with root after installing the OTA? Tried using Wireless Tether and it was complaining about not having root. Went over the ROM Manager and saw some similar errors. The OTA is the only thing I remember doing recently.
  8. blumeany

FYI - I re-rooted and it seems to be working now.
  9. cpupeli1

I tried updating today and it began the update process but then failed and goes to the CWM Recovery screen stating

Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Any ideas?
  10. avelis26

Lol ya. Full stock reflash and don't rooat or install until after it's. But the LG mobile support tool will update it to zv6 without ota
  11. cpupeli1

So would you suggest the mobile support tool/do I need to flash a stock ROM either way?
  12. blumeany

Yep. The OTA's will not install until you do a full restore with the LG tool. And actually, the LG tool should restore the phone to the newest update, so you should need to run the OTA update at all (although it may still prompt you too, I found that to happen). Once you are updated and the phone is no longer nagging you to update, you can go ahead and root again. Keep in mind though, if you uninstall any of the bloatware while rooted, you may not be able to install future OTA's without, once again, doing a full restore and going back to stock.
  13. cpupeli1

I've installed the USB drivers, downloaded the LG tool and it will not recognize my phone. I plug in my phone and it says 'USB Connected' on the phone but the LG tool still says 'Disconnected. Please connect your phone.' USB Storage and Charge only both don't work. I've tried the 'Application, Manual, & USB Driver download' under the 'Customer Support' tab to download the USB drivers via the IMEI/ESN/MEID or the S/N and it still will not recognize my phone. I'm not in dyer need for the OTA but this is extremely frustrating since I use the mass storage and browse files on my computer but the LG Tool will not recognize it???

On a different note, I downloaded the LG Tool from LG's website under my phone's product support the LGVS840, but if you click the 'Support model' under the 'Customer Support' tab in the LG Tool the LGVS840 isn't listed. Any ideas??
  14. blumeany

Phone needs to be in network ethernet mode.
  15. cpupeli1

Wow I feel dumb I'll try that when I'm back home
  16. blumeany

Not dumb. I just know it because someone else told me. :D
  17. cpupeli1

Well after all that I was successful updating my phone...but my Swittchpro widget along with any other 4G toggle would not work; I was unable to get into 3G at any point so I went back to my nandroid of before the update.

Has anyone been successful toggling 4G off and 3G on after the OTA?
  18. trimax84

trimax84 Member

I want to block the OTA update notification, but can't exactly figure out how. I'm thinking I can edit my Build.prop and try that.

Can someone post the first few lines to their build.prop in /system?
    Especially ro.build.id and ro.build.version.incremental
  19. platinumthomas

platinumthomas Active Member

trimax84, tell me how to find those and I'll post them.
  20. avelis26

ro.build.id
    GRK39F

ro.build.version.incremental
    VS840ZV6.47D39F6D

What else you need?
    Also, why not just update?
  21. trimax84

trimax84 Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    And phone won't update after rooting and making some edits. Easier to block the minor update than return to stock then set everything up again
  22. Bloobs

Bloobs Member

You can also use Titanium Backup to freeze the file. I learned the hard way 'tis better to freeze than to un-install.
  23. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Member

So, how did you get your 4G back? I had 4G toggled off on my wife's phone and she did the update, now I can't get 4G back on. Good news is that she doesn't notice.
  24. trimax84

trimax84 Member

Thank again.
    Tried this, hoping the update would check build.prop and think it was already updated. Unfortunately didn't work so I'll be clearing everything today to start over.......
  25. Dan0384

Dan0384 New Member

I used the Support Tool to restore and update, after update I believe it did something wrong as my radios had stopped working. Took it to Verizon and he put a new SIM card in, and after a Factory Reset, I had 4G and 1x, but no 3G anymore. I thought it still wasn't working correctly so the rep got me a replacement. I just turned on the replacement and I still don't have 3G. So my question is, did the update take away the option to switch to 3G? If not, do I just need a new SIM card? Also, the "new" phone was already setup (i.e. initial setup had already been completed), so if I do a factory reset will it reset the SIM? Need help.