OTA'd to 2.1, now contacts can't sync with FacebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. UNCbassbone

UNCbassbone Member This Topic's Starter

Before I upgraded to 2.1 OTA, my contacts had no problem syncing with Facebook (both manual and automatic). Here is what happens: I go to a contact, find the bar that says "Link to Facebook" or whatever it says, click it, then type in the name of the person to search Facebook friends, but no matter what I do it says that there are no matches. No one else has reported this problem, so I'm guessing it isn't a problem inherent to 2.1. Could you guys provide some input as to what I need to do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. RasJacob

RasJacob Member

Mine were able to sync just fine. It did take a little time though. Try going to Settings->Accounts & Sync and then sync Facebook for HTC Sense. I did this before I messed around in the People app and did not have to re-link any of my contacts. Hope it helps.

3. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

It took like 20 minutes to get them.. plus the phone lost all my facebook settings and had to readd them..

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Reboot your phone and let it all sync up. When your phone is first setup, it goes through a lot of syncing regardless so be patient.

5. flyinhawaiian066

flyinhawaiian066 New Member

Im having the same problem. For some odd reason when i turned my phone on just one of my contacts was deleted and she called me and i barely recognized the number so i looked up one of my threads in messages and saw that it was indeed her number. since i like everything synced up nicely i saved the number and then went to edit contact and sync it to her fb profile and wtf... no ones name matches its just a blank screen that says no matches.

when i first got my droid eris i was stoked. i loved it. and now, a bunch of little sh!t like this has been pis$ing me off beyond belief. little things like the weather sense widget stopped working.. random texts that i sent to another person will be sent to someone else in my threads randomly.. texting becomes slow. i find myself restarting my phone everytime i use the app killer and theres only 50mb of memory to use?!

... i want the droid incredible :( shoulda waited.

6. ORO

ORO New Member

I had the same issue after doing the OTA update and it drove me nuts. I tried everything I could think of - deleted my FB account on the phone and added it again, rebooted, re-synced...you name it. Nothing worked.

Until one day, out of the blue, everything synced up. No idea what the issue was, so my only advice is to wait it out. In my case, it took about 5 days. Probably not what you want to hear, though.

You could try resetting your phone too. I had quite a few issues with my phone after the OTA, most of which seem to be resolved after doing the reset.