*other* email searches?Support

Last Updated:

1. jsurles

jsurles Member This Topic's Starter

I have several email accounts I use on a regular basis.

First and foremost, is my primary gmail account, where google is hosting my domain's email. Works PERFECT! I also have another domain hosted on google's gmail platform, as well as a couple of accounts I use for work which reside on a qmail system.

I'm able to connect to all of these, and pull all the email without an issue. My biggest gripe/complaint/lack of knowledge is that on all of the accounts, other than my main gmail account, I am unable to SEARCH. So if i have 500 messages in there, and I'm looking for one that contains "X", I can't find it without scrolling, and scrolling.. and scrolling.. you get the picture.

If it makes any difference, I'm connecting to all of these accounts via ssl encrypted imap.

any ideas on how to search?

Advertisement
  2. Durf

Durf Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue. The way I got around it was to forward 3 other accounts to my gmail. The only real issue I have now is that occasionally I have to log into gmail from my web browser on a computer to go through the bulk mail file---I have to retrain the spam filter. Another reason was ATT doesn't sign certificate for ssl and the G1 can't trust - so I am tired of them sending me crap to change my insecure settings when I connect from my phone.
    Forwarding solved that also.

3. jsurles

jsurles Member This Topic's Starter

That doesn't work when you're checking your work email.. connecting insecurely, and storing mail on a non-secure server wouldn't fly so well here. :)