• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

other headphones wont work with phone?

steve6884

Nov 20, 2010
I just got the Galaxy 4 2 weeeks ago from ATT. Yesterday I went to listen to Pandora and I plugged my mp3 players headphones in to the phone. No sound came out of the headphones and the sound kept coming out of the phones speakers. I tried 2 other pairs of headphones I have and they either didnt work or sounded terrible. I plugged in the headphones that came with the phone and those seem to work fine. I did some google searches and its seems like other people might have been having the same issue. Does anybody know why the only headphones that seem to work with my Galaxy 4 are the headphones that came with it?

I have tried other headphones with mine eg the headphones from my iPhone 5 and from my iPad 2 as well as those from my S2 and all of these have worked fine. There has been an issue with some headphones caused by an impedance mismatch resulting in very poor sound quality but even sticking a plug that isn't connected to anything ought to disable the speaker so I suspect there may be a hardware issue with your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones