Other keyboard options?Support

1. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

My phone is NOT rooted.

Are there any good keyboard apps you prefer over the stock keyboard for this phone?

Can they be used on a non-rooted phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

I like Swype beta. It can be downloaded from their site. Swiping grows on you. Most if not all keyboard do not require rooting.
  3. jamoosh

jamoosh Well-Known Member

4. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

5. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

What is different from the version that came with the phone?
  6. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

I also use Swype beta, but I think you have to be rooted to use it. It saves your dictionary if you change phones or roms. I've been using it for so long I honestly don't remember the other differences, but I remember loving it after changing from regular Swype. If you don't want to root your phone, try Kii Keyboard.
  7. sneaky_1

It's got a slightly different base look, themes, prediction is better. Try it out, if you don't like it uninstall.

http://www.swype.com/category/get-swype/
  8. Dark One

Oh the voice recognition with Swype beta is fantastic.
  9. sneaky_1

Swype beta does not require root, the original does because it is a system app. You have to enable "unknown sources" though, in the settings/applications to install the apk from Swype's website.
  10. DraeHD

DraeHD Well-Known Member

Nothing beats SwiftKey3 in my opinion. Pay for it of course.
  11. fknntzintexas

fknntzintexas New Member

12. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

I've recently been using Kii and its got a lot of good customization options. It seems pretty responsive and the predictions/corrections are good. It has swype like capabilities too.
  13. ashleyxo

ashleyxo Member

14. monacelli

monacelli Member

ICS Keyboard by johntanmi.
  15. starkraving

starkraving Well-Known Member

smart keyboard
    Jb keyboard free
    Swift keyboard
    AI keyboard

All good options.
  16. sneaky_1

The official stock 4.2 keyboard is available on the play store too. It's has the swype-like input option. It's called "google keyboard".
    Dark One likes this.
  17. monacelli

monacelli Member

OP said they're running stock GB. Google Keyboard is for 4.0+. :(
  18. sneaky_1

That sucks, I figured it was for all versions. Maybe it can be side loaded from an apk.
  19. Dark One

I was using the new Swype in the play store. There's a free 30 day trial and it's $1 if you want to buy it. Google keyboard is really nice though.
  20. Ganoly3

Ganoly3 Active Member

I would also recommend the GO Keyboard. Lots of cool customizable features you can add to it. The voice recognition is also very accurate and helpful.
  21. anthonypaige

anthonypaige Well-Known Member

After trying every keyboard it seems like I have found these as the best.

1. Swype / Google Keyboard tied
    2. SwiftKey(awful prediction should be lower)
    3. SlideIt
    4.GoKeyboard (too much addons or would be 3

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jamoosh likes this.
  22. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member

I use Jelly Bean Keyboard Pro (VLLWP). Love the customization, and it has great prediction as well as impeccable accuracy regarding what key you tap being the key it actually adds to your message(s). In fact, that accuracy is better than I have ever found on any other keyboard for Android that I've used. It doesn't have a Swype functionality, though, but I've never been much of a fan of that anyway :p
  23. thrustinj

thrustinj Member

I like SwiftKey.
  24. lgoenovice

lgoenovice Member

my favorite is touchpal
    after that swype with swype feature off and if you like landscape most of the time the hackers keyboard is okay its also a lite app so it serves as my backup in case touchpal ever has an issue or i accidentaly uninstall it again lol