1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Other ppl can hear my call waitingSupport

1. tin

tin Member

I just got the vibrant a week ago and someone has told me they can hear when I get an incoming call while speaking to them. Any way to make it where the other party doesn't hear your call waiting notification? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

They actually hear the beeping or they hear it get silent/cut out when the call comes in?
  3. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

I hear this frequently too, doesn't matter what kind of phone, but the other person on the line hears a cut-out of audio each time the beep sounds.
  4. tin

tin Member

they said they hear the actual beep.
  5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

isn't that normal?
  6. tin

tin Member

No it's not normal. Why would you want someone your talking to also be disrupted by a beep if you yourself have another incoming call. Wouldn't be very professional if you're on a business call. I think it's pretty silly when the person you are talking to tells you, "don't you wanna get that?"
  7. SamsungVibrant

Well I hear that all the time when i'm talking to someone and they get an incoming call, you don't hear the actual beep, but you can hear the call cut in and cut out for a split second. I've always heard that, on landlines and cell phones. You mean this whole time, my entire life, this was not normal?

I personally think its normal to hear the other persons incoming call, not the actual beep, but most people do hear a brief cut in/cut out of the call.
  8. tin

tin Member

I agree with the cut, i know that is normal. But the people i'm talking to on my phone actually hear the BEEEEEEEEEP!!!!
  9. SamsungVibrant

Umm sounds like this call waiting beep is stressing you out, it's not a big deal, just learn to live with it.

If they can hear the call cut in/cut out, then who cares if they hear the beep. Maybe it's their beep, and you can turn it around and say "hey mtf someones calling you"

just a suggestion.
  10. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It can be confusing though. How do you know if it's your call waiting or his call waiting.
  11. wjcole

wjcole New Member

I have seen the same problem on my Droid X. I noticed warning in the program Calendar Snooze which blamed this problem on the 2.2 bios and gave a work-around of turning of the text to speech announcer for their software. If the problem is with 2.2 than other text to speech programs may also cause this annoying beep beep during phone calls.

The work-around cured my problems.:)
  12. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

this happens to me usually one speaker
    because it automatically echoes...

So they will hear the beep

and my friends can hear my text alert as well when the phone rings if its on speaker because there again ti echos

Usually, i never had a complaint if i am not on speaker phone....on any of the phones i have owned
  13. kefalo84

kefalo84 Well-Known Member

Its not the phone its the phone company.