• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Otimus T P509 - root and clean system memory "know how"

BobbyGoose

Lurker
Jun 2, 2011
root - for versions prior of 2.2.2 use Z4root, for version 2.2.2 use gingerbreak (i used v1.20)

BACK UP YOUR PHONE AFTER ROOTING AND BEFORE ANY CHANGES

sd card storing - to move apps to sd card that are listed as "phone only" in App2sd (app that moves apps from internal storage to sd storage) use Titanium Backup to move to sd card. open titanium backup and click the backup/restore tab, press and hold on app you want to move, a menu comes up, choose "move to sd card". (this gets the apps App2sd could not)

pesky preinstalled apps - also use Titanium Backup to "freeze" unwanted apps you dont want to ever use. BE CAREFUL ON WHAT YOU CHOOSE. LEAVE "LG HOME" ALONE. stick with the basics, demo's, app pack, drive smart, car home, memo, messaging, swype, twitter, visual voicemail, wifi calling...

after doing the above my battery lasts more than twice as long.

gingerbreak v1.2 download link:
GingerBreak-v1.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

z4root v1.3:
http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/z4root.1.3.0.apk

Reactions: cast71
Where do people like me (total newby to android and this more-confusing-than-my-phone forum) that don't even have a clue what "root" means (I wish I knew) go for less high-tech mumbo-jumbo conversion? I want to ask somebody where to set my "cookie" options. I tried to read about and understand them to no avail. I would like a simple true/false or yes/no answer. Or maybe there's no easy answers. Sorry to bother you. I'll go look for my classroom now.

Upvote 0
I just tried to use Titanium Backup to move an app to SD, and it's been stuck "Processing" for about 30 minutes. Nothing special about the app, as far as I can tell (Reliant Energy app to check home electricity usage, no reason it shouldn't move to SD).

I had to power-cycle the phone to make it quit trying. When I went back, the app had been successfully moved to the SD card. All's well that ends well, I guess... Is this something you've come across before, by any chance?

Oh, and to answer "sleedeane"s question about how a noob would go about rooting for the first time... I'm a total noob myself, so I put the step by step process in a thread in this subforum (titled "Bloatware Must Die!"). Though the thread's pretty old, so they've probably figured it out already.

Edit: Just FYI, the "stuck" condition in Titanium Backup went away when I changed one of the settings. Click "Problems?" in the app, or see the "Bloatware" thread for details.)

Upvote 0
root - for versions prior of 2.2.2 use Z4root, for version 2.2.2 use gingerbreak (i used v1.20) "LG HOME" ALONE.

I FU I froze LG HOME , and am in LG hell ,screen goes through welcome and sticks in android , bat out, power button, volume,home button at once tried . i dont know where to find the rest of the easy fixes, but I think LG home is the answer from your post.
if your still around or anyone, my lg p509 titanium , i froze "lg home"
i have android 2.2, rooted with gingerbreak z4 would not work, froze with not titanium , but another one , super user and all ok. LG HOME dummy here
kernal version 2.6.32.9android buildserve#1 sun uct 219:10:09kst
build FRF 91
i had the update that ended in the 10l 10L i think G was before and the L su@ks

Upvote 0
email yourself the lg home file. its what i did, i cant remember the exact route, but i had to email myself the file and place it back in system with a file explorer program...off the top of my head i think thats what i did. if you cant fix it, i will step by step it...

I FU I froze LG HOME , and am in LG hell ,screen goes through welcome and sticks in android , bat out, power button, volume,home button at once tried . i dont know where to find the rest of the easy fixes, but I think LG home is the answer from your post.
if your still around or anyone, my lg p509 titanium , i froze "lg home"
i have android 2.2, rooted with gingerbreak z4 would not work, froze with not titanium , but another one , super user and all ok. LG HOME dummy here
kernal version 2.6.32.9android buildserve#1 sun uct 219:10:09kst
build FRF 91
i had the update that ended in the 10l 10L i think G was before and the L su@ks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones