Otter Box case over skin

Last Updated:

1. hondapro

hondapro Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone has tried the otter box case for the droid over a phantomskinz or invisible shield skin. I want to get the otter box but I might not always want it on so I wanted to put it over my skin that is already on the phone. If anyone knows if this works that would be great, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work. The skins aren't that thick. I wouldn't use the second screen cover though.

3. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

the otter box doesn't have a built in "skin" so yes this would work. I have the otter box on my phone and it is a great case.

4. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

should even work if you have the whole phone protected w/ either phanton or invisible shield. I have the phanton skinz screen cover.

5. MonroeDroid

MonroeDroid Member

I have a case from VZW and it fits very tight on my Droid with an invisible shield. The protector on the screens border is especially snug, and it even damages the invisible shield slightly. I would recommend keeping only the invisible shield, don't worry about the otterbox (unless you are especially clumsy). I also have a Zagg Leather Skin on my phone too, and it is pretty sweet. Hope this helps.

6. hondapro

I have a full body skin on it. OK I thought it would work too, ill probably be getting one soon so I'll report back. I want to keep the skin because sometimes I don't want a full on case but if I go on a trip or to work I will want to put it on, so I want to have both. ;)

7. hondapro

Well I finally got the case a few weeks ago and love it! It fit fine with the full skin accept the piece that protects the bezel around the screen. I had to take those strips of the skin off but that's it.

8. Todd Everheart

Todd Everheart New Member

Love the otterbox. I like the fact that it has rubber covers that protect the inputs. It keeps pocket lint from getting inside it