Otter Box for Captivate, seems like a yes!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After 4 emails and 6 days of waiting I got a reply from the Otterbox rep. Here is the reply.

"Thank you for contacting Otter Products, LLC Customer Support.

At this time we are constantly reviewing the highest profile phones on the market and the Samsung Galaxy S models are now on our priority list. While this does not mean you will see a release next week, it means you should see it forth coming in the near future.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Thanks,
    Trent Bratten
    Otter Products, LLC Customer Support"

So....All I gotta say is HELL TO THE YEA!

Advertisement
  2. locsplitter

locsplitter Active Member

About time.

3. vapor311

thats what I said, they busted their ass for the iphones, but take their sweet time for everything else.

4. locsplitter

locsplitter Active Member

Hah yeah. Hopefully it'll be a quality case. Hate spending money on cases and they turn out to be annoying in one or two minor ways that could have been QA'd better.

5. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! Otterbox is the best out there...See if they do the commuter series on it...would LOVE a commuter! Loved it on my BB 9700

6. enjoimark

enjoimark Active Member

The difference is:
    You can get insurance on the Captivate, you can't on the iPhone.

I'd rather pay for the insurance than add all that size and ugliness to my Captivate.

7. Aspenator

Aspenator Active Member

I hope they hurry. Put headphones in today for the first time, I don't want to use my shuffle anymore in the gym.

8. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

I will probably buy an otterbox. I never needed one before but I want to keep this phone looking sharp. For now I am still using my Body Glove case and it works just fine.

9. jackrock

jackrock Active Member

Maybe if people keep emailing them it will help. A few days ago I got a response that indicated they were not yet looking at making cases for the Captivate. This response is a major change from the one that I received earlier this week.

10. DT

DT Well-Known Member

We have an Otterbox for our ol' school iPOD 80GB. Really solid product, we once dropped our iPOD into the Mariana Trench and it hit the bottom, ~34K feet, not one drop of water got in.

Getting it back was sort of a PITA.

11. el frugalista

el frugalista Member

We'll see when Otterbox gets this product going. I hope it's well before the end of Q3 2010. Meanwhile I purchased and am using the Samsung Silicone Gel case......had to get some kind of protection for it.

12. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

lets be honest though, if you have any business sense the iphone is a top priority for making cases for. regardless of wither or not you like the phone, it makes companies like this more money than any other phone

13. jrdoll28

jrdoll28 Active Member

Body glove will be good enough for me. I want to protect my phone from scratches or the rare accidental drop, not from a nuclear explosion.

14. Crosseyed_N_Paniless

Crosseyed_N_Paniless Active Member

The Body Glove is great! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to protect the phone and also not make the device clunky and over-sized...

15. jackrock

jackrock Active Member

My local Best Buy has a zillion cases for iPhone and none for Captivate. Go figure.

FYI, a friend sent her iPhone flying today in its Otterbox and it was fine. I know two other people that shattered theirs by dropping them less hard. I have the Body Glove for now but am hoping for the Otter Box to step up.

16. vapor311

theres a u tube vid of an iphone 3gs in the otter box defender case the 50$ one being tossed out of a moving car on a freeway. Yea the rubber got chewed up....the phone must have bounced 20 times before it came to a stop, no broken screen, no damage to the phone, the ribber was eaten up and the hard shell under has some damage but the phone was in tact like new....so honestly if it makes my captivate a bit bigger than standard i dont give a crap....gimme that case any day I have 3 kids.

Ive owned the otter box defender on 3 iphones and will continue to do so as soon as its released for my captivate.

17. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

So otterbox should trump the bodyglove case?
    Like, by a little or a lot?

18. Atrav

Atrav Well-Known Member

I've dropped my phone so many times. Thankfully I had an otterbox protecting it. Ive learned a valuable lesson when I dropped my iPhone cracking my screen.

19. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure if serious? Really? The Mariana Trench?

20. vapor311

there is no comparison otterboxes, at least the defender line are like putting your phone into a safety deposit box.

21. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

I loved my otterbox for my iPhone 3GS. I work pretty rough conditions sometimes as I have to do inspections. My otterbox has kept out dust, sand, and other debris. Also, I dropped my phone from around 16 feet straight onto a concrete slab by accident and all I got was a scratch on the otterbox.

I think part of the reason it is taking so long to get an otterbox for the captivate is that samsung decided to release 4 separately shaped phones. If all of the phones would have had the same shape, we would have a lot more market voice. I can't blame them for not wanting to produce 4 separate cases to protect what is basically 1 phone. Though, I do think the captivate has the best design of the 4.

22. imb951

imb951 Well-Known Member

23. vapor311

24. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

I emailed them last week, got a response with them saying it usually takes 2-3 months for them to decide on if they are going to make a case for a device.
    They would be stupid not to....

I REALLY want to see the commutter case. the defender will probably be too much bulk for me.

25. ijonbrown

ijonbrown New Member