Otterbox case for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.Tips

1. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

I was pretty surprised when I got this in response to my request for an ETA for a case for the LTEvo.

"Dear Mark,

Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information for every new release. You can find our cases at most Best Buys, Walmart, Radio Shack and major cell phone stores. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.

Thank You,
    Tyler

Customer Service Representative
    P: (855) 688-7269
    F:(970) 493-1755
    www.otterbox.com

OtterBox
    209 S Meldrum
    Fort Collins, Co 80521"

Advertisement
  2. ZepTepi

Where did you read/hear that they are making a case for the LTEvo?

Otterbox told me they do not have plans to do so.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/543111-otterbox-says-no-ltevo.html
  3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

that doesn't mean anything... we've been over this a few times in the forums before but EVERY company is going to give you that response

if they say anything else and plans fall through then they things get out of hand...

all this statement says is that otterbox has not OFFICIALLY announced plans to make this case... for all we know prototypes already exist and are in testing.

they may also be waiting to judge consumer demands to see if there is profit to be made

in all honesty, emailing companies is pointless, you will never get a REAL answer, you will ALWAY get a PR answer, and history has taught companies to ALWAYS under-promise and over deliver.

if you got an email back saying, yea we are planning on making one so stay tuned, word would get out, and if they didn't produce it people would be pissed that they were "promised" an otterbox and it would blow up in their faces
  4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

scottborasjr and BenChase7 like this.
  5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

^^^
    Exactly. Case in point: Sprint has announced 6 markets to get Network Vision upgrades, yet their are 13 markets where Network Vision towers have been confirmed.
    RichboyJhae, marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  6. mlb

mlb Well-Known Member

CriticalCritic and caborobo like this.
  7. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, that case looks badass.
  8. ZepTepi

Good to know. Thanks.
  9. ZepTepi

10. mlb

mlb Well-Known Member

Seems like the right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing
  11. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

They said the same thing when I asked about the Epic Touch otterbox, guess what they have available now? Epic Touch Otterbox cases.
  12. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Well wow look at that. Now I sent a tweet to otterbox on May 2nd and was told

@OtterBox: We don't have anything at the moment, but keep an eye out!

Now this was about the Defender. If ballistic would just say yes about an HC case that would be a definite. But according to that pic off of amazon, it looks just like the of Evo defender case with the same kickstand and lets hope not as the kickstand on the otter defender sucked and broke.

But, if this is true than otterbox is the only one with the built in screen, then otterbox I will go. But I am sure hoping Ballistic has the HC with built in screen and the belt clip is just better than the otter.
  13. pond725

pond725 Member

it's now on there site, defender in dark blue or black. but says available soon. you can email for update
  14. crow11ad

Be careful emailing them. I emailed them last night to see if the knew when it would be available since the phone is released on May 18 (sooner for preorders) and I was told by a rep that they had no plans to release a defender case.

I tweet to them and get a replay very soon. I replied back to the email and include a link off their own site. Same rep stated only releasing the communiter case. Again replied stated they conflicting replies of email vs twitter is not good for consumers and then the same rep replied "oh sorry, but they will have a defender but no date."

The Black looks awesome and the midnight blue is pretty sweet. Can't decide.
  15. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Blue. Finally, a decent color lol
  16. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Yes the blue looks very nice. Happens to be my favorite color.
  17. 814 htc evo

814 htc evo Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea if otterbox will have defender cases out by release date for evo LTE cause I got my defender case for my EVO 3d on release day last year at the same time I picked up my EVO 3d and it worked great and I'd really like to get another defender case with my EVOlte but Idk if they will have them, and i highly doubt my current one will fit cause I'm sure the dimensions aren't the same :( :( lol
  18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Post moved to this thread.

PS to Marc, no worries. :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  19. crow11ad

I sent them a tweet and got back "very soon".
  20. mlb

mlb Well-Known Member

Granite1 likes this.
  21. crow11ad

22. mlb

mlb Well-Known Member

I didn't see anywhere that said back ordered or certain date for release so for $27 I took a chance.
  23. MandM

MandM Active Member

Look at page 22 of this weeks Best Buy weekly ad that came out today. You can view the weekly ad on their website. OtterBox Defender series case for EVO LTE - $49.99 - available Friday, May 18th.
    crow11ad likes this.
  24. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Hmmm, wouldn't you know. I just had a lightbulb moment. :rolleyes:

The bestbuy giftcard you get when you purchase the El Tevo is $50. The newest Defender Case going on sale at launch at BB is $49.99. I think there is something fishy going on here....:hmmmm: