• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox case pictures are up on their website

Well, if the Defender for the X is anything like the Defender line for most other phones...I'd suggest in investing in some parachute pants, or a fannypack, because this bitch will make it HUGE!

:D

I'm sorta digging the brushed aluminum look to the backing of the Commuter case. But $30 is too steep a price for me.

Upvote 0
I'm sorta digging the brushed aluminum look to the backing of the Commuter case. But $30 is too steep a price for me.

Amazon is your friend. I have bought three Otterbox cases from Amazon in the past year and the price is always significantly cheaper than buying direct from Otterbox.

As for the Defender, I am a big fan of their belt clip. I never feel good pocketing a phone.

Upvote 0
Amazon is your friend. I have bought three Otterbox cases from Amazon in the past year and the price is always significantly cheaper than buying direct from Otterbox.

As for the Defender, I am a big fan of their belt clip. I never feel good pocketing a phone.
So the defender definitely comes with a belt clip?
I'm currently using the Verizon holster shell combo as I don't like pocketing this phone, and I also like the added protection for the screen when not in use.
The overall protection of it however, is not as good as I'd like it to be.
Do you know if the commuter series has the option for a belt clip which would also have the screen protected?

Upvote 0
For those that have had OtterBox cases before, are the Commuter cases significantly less bulky than the Defender series?

They are indeed. The commuter is much more pocket friendly than the defender but the defender will allow for the most overall protection, plus it comes with a holster as well. I am torn between the two right now. Not sure what to do. Check out the otterbox website and bring up the large images of the two cases and you should be able to see about how the cases differ. Can't wait for these!

Upvote 0
I'm thinking I might get the defender, depending how hard it would be to remove the case to put in the car dock.

If it's anything like the Defender cases Ive used for Blackberrys, then it'll be a bitch taking it off every time for a car dock. When they say multi-layer protection, they mean it. You have to peel off the silicon outer, then crack open the hard inner shell to go naked. And thats the easy part. Lining everything up right to put it back together properly is ok if you're only gonna do it once. But if you're planning on removing/replacing the case every time you get in the car; then this is not the case for you.

Upvote 0
My friend is all about these cases, the Defended I guess ($50 one? Way too expensive)...

But he thinks it's the coolest thing that he can throw his phone across the room and it not matter... I'm like... :thinking:

Plus they are the bulkiest things I've ever seen. I guess if SUPER DUPER PROTECTION is all you're worried about... then maybe? But no thanks on the bulk and huge price....

nG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones