3. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Nice ninja edit OP.

5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Phail.

Also, it will probably not fit with the extended battery.

6. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I would say definitely not. It is not intended to fit the extended battery. Neat looking case though. It appears to address the back plate shape issue which many users(myself not included) have.

7. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

LOL at the Phail.

If they ONLY release this case in black... I'm gonna be extremely bummed and probably won't buy it.

8. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Im sure other colors will come with time (yes, more time!).

Ill probably pick up the commuter case, been wanting a OB case for a LONG time.

9. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yeah its a big bummer for me because I wanted one. I may get a Droid 2, but that is a big iff. I think my wife wants one though (Droid 2 that is). If that is the case, I may wait to see if I like it and it addresses some of the issues that the Inc has. (Call quality). If so I may get a Droid 2.

If not, I may order one of these and switch back and forth between stock and extended battery. Id really like a case for my Inc since it seems like such a delicate phone.

10. Stam2000

Stam2000 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I even want to give then my business anymore. Epic Fail

11. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Too late. I'm very happy with my blue Innocase Active.

12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I hear the buttons are hard to press on the Siedio case. (power and volume buttons)

13. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with my Rugged. If it ever breaks, I'll get another one.

On a side note, we should see how long it will take for Otterbox to release a case for the iPod Touch 4th Generation this fall.

14. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

That is what I do with my Innocase. I keep my 2600mAh in my pocket.

15. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No problems with mine.

16. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

The volume is actually very easy, and the power just requires a bit more force.. though, you get used to it, and it makes it harder to accidentally turn on.

17. upther

upther Well-Known Member

The volume buttons are super easy. Like others have said, the power button takes a little force but you get used to it very quickly. Much easier to not accidentally turn on too.

18. regnak

regnak Member

They didn't retain the shape of the battery door thus it's getting an immediate pass. Now to decide between the Case-Mate Tough and a white Seidio Active.

19. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

If it comes down to price between the two, there's a coupon on the forums here for the Case-Mate for 10% off, covers the ground shipping, or most of the shipping if you want it priority mail...

20. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

21. Christian15

Christian15 Well-Known Member

My buddy has the otterbox for the Iphone. What's the difference between the 3 otterbox cases? I think the Incredible only has one coming out, but assuming that they'll come out with the 3 different versionps like they did for the Iphone4, there's the thin one, the medium one, and the huge one. The huge one is what my friend has, and he claims you can run over the thing and it be fine. Are the different sizes for people who don't want all the bulk but still protection? Thanks to anyone who fills me in

22. cuban11182

I can talk only about seidio, since I have all 3 of their cases and they seem to look similar to the Otterbox cases.

The Innocase (smallest) doesn't offer any drop protections. It's just a piece of plastic that covers the phone.

The Active (medium) has a silicone cover, which is wrapped in a plastic skeleton. My wife has this on her phone. There really isn't much of a lip on the front of the phone, so the edges are protected, but the screen is not as much.

The Rugged (huge one) has the Innocase to start, then it resembles the way the Active it. It has a thick silicone case, which is then wrapped in a plastic skeleton. It has a big lip on the front of the phone, which increased protection, but affects ability to type certain buttons from time to time. For me, this is the case I needed due to my job. the nice thing is, that if I want to go with the innocase only it is possible.

23. Christian15

Christian15 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have a seido innocase on right now, or at least I believe that's what it is. It's the red 2 piece that you get from the Verizon store, and it's fantastic. Only problem is, I think I'm a bit of a clutz and this case won't protect it as much as I'd like. I saw the Speck case (which looks amazing) in the VZW store today and loved it, but if the Otterbox is worth waiting for, I will. I looked up the Active and Rugged's for seido and wasn't impressed with how they looked. I want some style to go with my protection ya know? I don't just want a black brick. Thanks for the information

24. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Based on the website, they are supposedly coming out with 2 of the 3 (the Defender (or heavy) and commuter (or medium)).

25. cuban11182

I don't know much about the Otterbox cases. i have only seen 1 on an Iphone 3gs and one of my subordinates has the Otterbox for his Moto Droid. I can tell you that I don't like that case. It is like the Active case (silicone then plastic), but it doesn't fit together well, plus the silicone is about as thin as a ziplock bag. Like the Active, it doesn't provide adequate protection for the screen by offering a lip.

I hope that Otterboxes cases work for people. I may even purchase one if it looks better than the Rugged. They did put a bad taste in my mouth with the release of the iphone 4 case though.