Otterbox Communter Case In StockAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Mide

Mide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got an email saying that the Otterbox Commuter Case is in stock and good to go. Linky

Advertisement
    droidgrl64 and BookLover like this.
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm going to wait for Defender case, though. I don't want a protective film, but the membrane incorporated into the design. I already have a pretty good case with a self-adhering protective film.

3. Mide

What case do you currently have?

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Cheapie from Amazon. Cost 1 cent to buy and $2.98 to ship LOL -- It's actually pretty good.

I bought a set of screen protectors separately (cost 1100% more than the case!). Don't like them as much as they get filmy and I'm constantly cleaning with a microfiber cloth.

Here's the link to the case I bought from Amazon: Samsung Captivate I897 (AT&T) Rubberized Snap On Protector Hard Case, Black

5. droidgrl64

droidgrl64 Member

thanx for that info:D just checked my gmail and received the email-going to order now!

ps just ordered:D

6. Gipson

Gipson Well-Known Member

pics? reviews?

7. Enhanced

Enhanced Member

8. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

ok i will look for the case [​IMG]

9. carschina

carschina Member

Just got my Otterbox Commuter case in the mail today. I signed up for the notification email and scooped it up asap as it's sold out everywhere online. This is my first otterbox case but I'd always heard great things about them. The case fits and seals perfectly to the phone. There is a little plug to cover the jack. It pops in there with ease. I'm not using the enclosed screen protector. I like that the side volume, power buttons are covered as uncovered they are way to sensitive to the touch. The case adds a little bulk but it's not uncomfortable for me and I'm a woman with small hands. It feels great in my hand and isn't slippery which has been a huge prob for me with this phone. I can't speak on ease of sliding in and out of pockets as I keep my captivate in my purse most of the time. Hope this little review helps.

The pics are crappy as I took them using my crappy iphone :(

Attached Files:

10. Mide

Thanks for that quick review. How easy is it to put together and take apart? I've used several hard and silicone cases with my captivate and they all suck in terms of longevity. After you take it out of the case to clean it, the cases all start not fitting all too snug. Does the design of the Commuter improve in this area in comparisons to the cheapos out there?

11. carschina

carschina Member

Yeah I def worry about the longevity. The hard outer shell part seems pretty darn tough. It's fairly easy to put together and once you snap the silicone part into the hard shell it doesn't budge AT ALL. Looks like the hard outer shell keeps the silicone inside pretty snug against the phone so it doesn't start doing that droopy thing silicone cases do around the edges. Also you can't slide the phone up and down as the buttons lock into the hard shell. So there's no separation between the two pieces or the phone. I'm looking at it now and just the bottom and top part are exposed silicone. I believe the commuter case is worth the 34 bucks and believe me I never spend that kind of money on a case.

12. carschina

carschina Member

Give me about a week with this phone banging around in my huge junky purse with lint, crumbs, keys, and shoes in there and I will definitely be able to give you a better opinion on cleaning the phone with this case.

13. Mide

That's all good to hear, thanks carschina. I'll prob wait until it goes on sale via some 3rd party seller then I'll be buying it too. Thanks again for the review.

14. kezell

kezell Member

I have had the Ottebox case for about a week. I have to say its nice. I had the bodyglove case prior to this. If it is anything like the rest of the otterbox cases I have owned I know I do not have to worry.

15. Oogle

Oogle Member

One thing that I'm concerned about is the the silicone top and bottom of the case. It's not protected by the outside shell. That means that it's fairly easy to intentionally stretch or pry the silicon cover away from the phone contained within.

For unintentional usage, this could mean that it could stretch over time (sliding in and out of pockets, for example), allowing small abrasive particles to sneak in and scratch up the phone from insides.

Any solutions to keep the silicone glued to the phone (without actually using glue)?

16. Baker_9_9

Baker_9_9 New Member

I received my Commuter case today and the phone too... double YEAH!
    I bought this model thinking that the Defender does not come out soon. Not the case now.

I think the top is too soft, I hope it will survive...

I have not yet installed the screen protector, is it better than those manufactured by Zagg?

17. GaryS1964

GaryS1964 Well-Known Member

I ordered this for my wife. Both of us complain that the two button are too easy to accidently press especially the volume button. Does this cover make these button less prone to being pushed unintentionally?