Otterbox Commuter case or Tident Cyclops case???Accessories

Last Updated:

1. nelonez

nelonez Active Member This Topic's Starter

I want to get some feedback on what case would be better for the HTC Evo?? I currently have the otterbox commuter case but find the cyclops case to be a little more durable. Thanks and any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Advertisement
  2. McBong

McBong Member

I think these 2 threads were made for one another.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-accessories/229191-trident-cyclops-case-evo-4g.html#post1946393

I highly recommend the Trident. My only complaint is the blue hue when you use the flash w/ the camera. I cut and removed the main plastic screen protector (left the screen protector for the front camera), and used my own (Clarivue). Everything else on this case is fantastic and looks great. So far 5 other friends and coworkers have purchased one, since I got mine a month or so ago.

3. mvc1972

mvc1972 New Member

I also have the commuter case. Great case! If you're looking for something more durable and protective...I would suggest waiting for the Ballistic Case. I also have the Defender...and am disappointed with the quality of the product. I wouldn't waste money on the Trident.

4. thedonk13

thedonk13 Well-Known Member

I love my trident case. I have had an issue where dust gets under the screen protector, but it appears to be an isolated issue and Trident is allowing me to do an even exchange for a new cyclops case. Love the design and feel of the case. The pocketbility of the case is mmeh at best, but it's not bad. PLUS, they are the first of the hardcore cases to drop an O.D. green color scheme on the case. What says tough better than some old OD green on your phone!

also - highly recommend spending the extra bucks to go through their site directly. Customer service is bar none better than what'd you find going through some other 3rd party distributer.

5. thedonk13

thedonk13 Well-Known Member

ps - i had the blue tint problem as well, but i cut off the part of the plastic that covered the LED's and haven't had the problem since.

6. nelonez

thanks for the input guys.... :)

7. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member

The commuter case has some flaws. For someone who might be a bit more nit-picky, the camera hole does not line up properly so the chrome bezel shows on one side only. Kind of annoying. The big thing for me, which I just emailed otterbox about is the cover for the ports at the bottom of the phone.

-Tiny lip does not hold the cover in place at all. It is always coming open.

-Mine has started to rip off completely because when it gets opened in my pocket, it begins to twist around and the SUPER FLIMSY part that hold the thick port cover on pulls out from underneath the hard outer shell.

The bottom port cover is an extremely poor design and from a video review I saw for the defender, it uses the same type. Which is why I will be getting a refund on my commuter and going with another brand for my next case. Shame too, Otterbox makes such nice cases for devices other than the EVO.

8. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Where did you find the OD Green, they don't show it on the site?

9. RenegadeLatino

RenegadeLatino Member

10. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

11. nelonez

got my white cyclops case today and am totally amazed of the overall protection. doesnt bulk up the phone as I thought it would. would highly recommend to anyone looking to protect their evo. and for half the price of an otterbox commuter case that I purchased a few weeks ago.. :)