1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Otterbox Defender Case for Motorola Xoom - VideoAccessories

1. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

androidguy65 likes this.
  3. androidguy65

I signed up for the email update. I'll post here when it is available
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. marctronixx

DOOD! you think i didnt do that?? hahaa.. that looks really good. great find adroidguy!
    androidguy65 likes this.
  5. androidguy65

Well this way people who don't like giving out their email address will know...or something like that.

Consider this as me finally repaying you for the dock and keyboard opinions and a million other misc. answers:)
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

Definitely. I ordered this case on Saturday (3/19) and received it on Monday (3/21) via USPS. This case is very, very nice. I went to a Verizon store and checked out the Motorola case and it's a POS. Looks and feels cheap. Can't charge the Xoom while in the Moto case. This leather case has all the cutouts where they need to be and I can access every connector on the Xoom. I like how you can use the Front cover and connect it to the back as a stand. It also has magnets in the front so it stays closed. A very good purchase. Bought leather case off of E-Bay.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

I thought you had the leather case already?
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. marctronixx

i do. as well as a couple other ones... but THAT one.. the otterbox.. yeah thats the ticket..
  9. androidguy65

You have more than one shirt don't you?
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. marctronixx

yeah this is what i do. searching for the best case for my needs. a lot of trial and error.

some bloke named thomas edison spent tons of money on the right filament for this lil invention he was working on which came to be known as the incandescent light bulb. had he only settled for one style/type of filament, he may not have birthed the light bulb as we know it today...

i like to think of my case purchases as R&D... :D so i can pass the best info to you guys so you dont end up wasting bread on cases.. the more we know the better...

plus ill need a new case for my sprint version xoom when its released.. ;-)
  11. marctronixx

jcash3, Bagua and androidguy65 like this.
  12. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

$90 + tax/shipping :eek:

Looks REALLY cool but gonna have to think about this one. Thats a ton of money for a freaking case.
  13. marctronixx

theres a couple places out that are advertising 70 bux or so for the case. yep its expensive.

to compare, the ballistic case for evo is/was 50 bux and i purchased 3 of those...
  14. androidguy65

Woah my own thread that I didn't make nice mod work. Also very nice video I'm sold now.
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. androidguy65

A case that protects a ton of money.
    marctronixx likes this.
  16. TPadden

TPadden Member

I have a couple closets full of things that once cost a ton of money (Radio Shack TRS-80, 4P, Commodores and Ataries, Toshiba Libretto, a couple HP Omnibooks, Zenith Laptops) and probably a boat load of cheap cases. ........:eek:
  17. androidguy65

True but otterbox is quality so if I'm going to depend on a case to protect $800 I want it to be a high quality case
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. androidguy65

Any idea on how long this wait will be?
  19. marctronixx

lol YOU brought this to our attention FIRST., we should be asking YOU! :)

my guess is sometime in april.. second week-ish.. :D
  20. roninmoto

roninmoto Member

Yes and the xoom is 800.00. Seems like it is a good investment to protect your larger investment. I have used otterbox on every phone I have ever bought and it protects my phones. It is worth the money, you will keep your tablet looking like brand new and safe from water and droppage.

I will be first in line to get mine when they come out. Otterbox is the best.:)
  21. marctronixx

uhh no androidguy and marctronixx are first in line mister.. :)
  22. TPadden

TPadden Member

I've found the first in line to buy something to make their things last forever are usually also the first in line to replace them when the next shiney "precious" appears. :D
  23. marctronixx

*raises hand* thats me. i have about 4 cases for the xoom thus far and each time im like "wow this is the best case!" and im content until people like ANDROIDGUY :D comes along and tells me about this super duper case.. then im like .. "YEAH THIS IS THE ONE!" until....

rinse and repeat... :(
  24. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I've managed to not do this with my Xoom so far. Well... I have a gel case, a larger laptop style soft zipper pocket to hold the Xoom, keyboard, stand, etc, and I'm getting the leather pouch.

But I have this problem- I like that cases *do*, but I hate cases. I've had this problem with phones and my iPod, too. I buy a case thinking it's awesome, then in a month or so, it just annoys me so much I stop using it and look for a new one.

So far I'm pretty happy with my Xoom situation. The otterbox does look awesome, though, I'm just concerned that for the price I'll end up getting annoyed with it and that's a lot of money. I think I'll wait and use some of you guys as guinea pigs. :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

Otterbox builds their products like a tank! I would love to get my hands on one of these cases.
    marctronixx likes this.