• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Otterbox Defender Case for Motorola Xoom - Video

finally got this case in. it looks and fits just as you see it here. the leather is nice and smells like leather.. :D

definitely a worthwhile purchase...

Definitely. I ordered this case on Saturday (3/19) and received it on Monday (3/21) via USPS. This case is very, very nice. I went to a Verizon store and checked out the Motorola case and it's a POS. Looks and feels cheap. Can't charge the Xoom while in the Moto case. This leather case has all the cutouts where they need to be and I can access every connector on the Xoom. I like how you can use the Front cover and connect it to the back as a stand. It also has magnets in the front so it stays closed. A very good purchase. Bought leather case off of E-Bay.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
yeah this is what i do. searching for the best case for my needs. a lot of trial and error.

some bloke named thomas edison spent tons of money on the right filament for this lil invention he was working on which came to be known as the incandescent light bulb. had he only settled for one style/type of filament, he may not have birthed the light bulb as we know it today...

i like to think of my case purchases as R&D... :D so i can pass the best info to you guys so you dont end up wasting bread on cases.. the more we know the better...

plus ill need a new case for my sprint version xoom when its released.. ;-)

Upvote 0
$90 + tax/shipping :eek:

Looks REALLY cool but gonna have to think about this one. Thats a ton of money for a freaking case.

Yes and the xoom is 800.00. Seems like it is a good investment to protect your larger investment. I have used otterbox on every phone I have ever bought and it protects my phones. It is worth the money, you will keep your tablet looking like brand new and safe from water and droppage.

I will be first in line to get mine when they come out. Otterbox is the best.:)

Upvote 0
I've managed to not do this with my Xoom so far. Well... I have a gel case, a larger laptop style soft zipper pocket to hold the Xoom, keyboard, stand, etc, and I'm getting the leather pouch.

But I have this problem- I like that cases *do*, but I hate cases. I've had this problem with phones and my iPod, too. I buy a case thinking it's awesome, then in a month or so, it just annoys me so much I stop using it and look for a new one.

So far I'm pretty happy with my Xoom situation. The otterbox does look awesome, though, I'm just concerned that for the price I'll end up getting annoyed with it and that's a lot of money. I think I'll wait and use some of you guys as guinea pigs. :D

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones