Otterbox defender dust magnet

Last Updated:

1. merciers

merciers Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

So I just got my Otterbox Defender case for my hero. I love the case, but it seems to be a bit of a dust magnet. Any ideas on a fix for this, or am I just going to have to learn to live with it if I want to use this case?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. merciers

merciers Active Member This Topic's Starter

In case anyone is interested I found a few things looking around at other forums.

Some people suggest rubbing the case with a dryer sheet to reduce the dust collection. I tried it, don't know if it has made a huge difference. A lot of people said that with silicone cases the best way to reduce the collection of dust is just through frequent use. Many people who kept the phone with its case in their pockets seem to think that over time the amount of dust it collected decreased.

If you have any experience with this or input, please post, but I thought I'd share what I found for anyone who was looking for the same type of solution! :)

3. bluemark

bluemark Active Member

I have the Otterbox Commuter. When I first got it it attracted lots of fine dust. As it has worn in it's much less prone to do so. Probably the oils from my hands in handling it helped. A dryer sheet may speed up the process.

merciers likes this.
  4. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

i also have had the commuter for about 3 months now...at first, everything stuck to it..but like the other guy said, i think the grease from your hands over time decreases what sticks to your phone.

merciers likes this.