Otterbox Defender Series FINALLY Available!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

Title Says it all.

Use this coupon code for free shipping and 10% off!

tb1010y

Just ordered mine! Enjoy everyone!

Advertisement
  2. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

way to post the same thread as me...

3. TXMom

TXMom Member

Arghh I just ordered mine and didnt see this post. I could of used the coupon and free shipping

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I was waiting for this because I wanted the built-in screen protector...but this has the same screen protector I have now.

I already have something similar that cost only $6. $3 for the plastic, rubberized case and $3 for the screen protector.

Not spending $50 on a shell.

5. jackrock

jackrock Active Member

With no built in screen protector, I see no reason to change from my current case and screen protector. This really reduces the value of the Defender and the price should be reduced since you do not get the same level of protection as with the ones with a built in screen.

6. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Exactly!

7. JP_GXP

JP_GXP Well-Known Member

I'll just stick with my body glove, that defender is no different than the commuter.

My 3GS and i4 had slight issues with the built-in screen, and they had those out within a couple of weeks of release.

8. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I thought about getting one but in my opinion they are pretty ugly. id like to see some super closeups when somebody gets one though and it might change my mind. im think of getting an incipio case if i ever do get one, they look the best to me

9. VGPod36

VGPod36 Active Member

For me, the removal of the screen protector is the selling point for me. I was not going to get one because I wanted a good case + belt clip, and the other ones on the market looked like crap (IMO). I prefer my screen to be completely exposed, so I am very happy to hear that they decided to axe the screen protector on this one.

Bought one, and hopefully I get it soon... Though I am in Canada so "soon" might be a dream :p

10. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

Crap, me too. Oh well, it's only money.

11. TXMom

TXMom Member

I got the Otterbox in and I was excited at first but I have too tell you I received a crushed box the package was open on both sides and looked used. No scratches that I noticed. But it looks cheap. I thought the screen cover was built in. I didn't install it bc I have the invisible shield. Not impressed I with this I have to tell ya.

12. fromtheaudible

fromtheaudible Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just received mine as well, also with open box.

I like the case overall. Adds some considerable bulkiness, but I'll take it as long as the thing is protected.
    Also, they removed the built-in screen protector from the design a few days before it was made available. Make sure you read carefully! :D

I will post pictures if anyone is interested.

13. VGPod36

VGPod36 Active Member

Please post some pics! Even though I will probably have mine before you can do so ;)

14. TripsYou

You guys got your Otterboxs fast! I ordered mine around 11 on thursday and mine still hasn't arrived? I must live farther away from the shipping ground.

15. VGPod36

VGPod36 Active Member

Hmm... I thought that since the FedEx tracking number said "estimated arrival Dec. 6th" I would get it on the 7th, but... NOPE! The tracking status is still "awaiting pickup" which means it hasn't even left Otterboxs warehouse... And the estimated delivery time changed from Dec 6th to... it doesn't even have one anymore. Ya know, I expect this when ordering something via USPS, but not FedEx..

16. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I ordered mine Saturday, the 4th. Order status on the Otterbox website says "shipped", but I don't even have a tracking number.

17. TXMom

TXMom Member

i paid for fed ex shipping. maybe that is why I got mine sooner

18. unscrew

unscrew Member

Ordered it Thursday, got it today. USPS. No problems whatsoever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please forgive my mediocre photography skills......Any requests?

19. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

how hard is it to get to the bottom buttons and how thick is it. also how hard is it to get off and is the clip completely removable. if the clip comes off then it looks better than i thought it would

20. TripsYou

I paid for FedEx too??? Oh well, I'm pretty patient. The buttons on the bottom look like they would be pretty hard to touch. Is that right?

21. rolloffhill

rolloffhill New Member

Access to the bottom buttons sucks for anyone with fingers...

Failed design IMO....

22. kaepos

kaepos Active Member

The clip is actually a holster. The bottom buttons are somewhat difficult to get to now. It's a small price to pay since I have a habit of dropping my cappy.

23. TXMom

TXMom Member

The thing I dont like is I put my phone on my desk at work so I use the clip to stand it up. But I would like to be able to keep my charger connected while in the holster

24. TripsYou

I got my Defender case in today. The quality of the case is as good as the Iphone Defender BUT the bottom buttons are kind of hard to get to. I think the USB port is the hardest to get to. Unless you have skinny fingers or kinda long fingernails it is hard to get to. The screen protector they send with the case is CRAP, as usual. The clip holster is nice and is really nice to watch Youtube or a movie. I would recommend this case but not to anyone who has thick fingers or wants to enjoy the thin and elegant look of their Captivate. 1 out of 10. I'd give it a 8.5. I'll have HQ pictures soon on my profile.

25. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Well-Known Member

I got mine today at a flea market of all places. After scouring all over for one and finally about to give up and order it online, I'm walking around this massive place today and come across a guy selling phone accessories, and low and behold, one Defender case for the Samsung Captivate in a sea of iPhone cases. $40 tax included and I was a happy man at last! Good thing too as I've already dropped my Cappy. Luckily no damage but a little nick on the corner.

The design and feel of the case is great, IMO. I love the feel it gives in your hands, definitely feels substantial and sturdy. It fits like a glove, but does hinder the soft keys, especially with a screen protector. I was having all sorts of hell with it at first with the screen protector I had, so I decided to try out theirs. Well that didn't go over too well and I had lint all over the inside of the screen (thank you dogs!), so needless to say I am going commando on the screen. That really helps with the buttons on bottom. I just hope that Gorilla Glass really is tough as nails!

Overall, I love it. I do wish though that the rubber skin locked in better like on the iphone, but what can you do?