Otterbox for Droid

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Otterbox in the mail today. Very impressive. But I am a little concerned I haven't put it on correctly. The bottom was fairly straightforward, but the top part seems a bit iffy. It's on there fairly good but I feel like I can remove it too easily. One one side of the top piece it seems as if the little clips aren't all the way down and grasping the side. More like they are resting along the edge. Just curious if anyone else noticed this.

Advertisement
  2. smittythepig

also, for those who have had it a while, does it scratch the phone at all? i wonder if the clips scratch the phone when you snap on the case. i haven't removed the case at all since first putting it on so i'm not sure. thanks.

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Really, the silicone piece is really snug on my Otterbox. No issues at all. I wish I had this case from day one because my camera button is not gold anymore. :(

4. micp1480

micp1480 Well-Known Member

WOW! I don't have th Otter Box, but I am having with a number of clip ons, they won't stay on the glass part of it. I am thinking that the Droid needs to be placed in some type of a leather pouch, in order for it to be protected. I have not found one clip on that stayed on, and I am waiting for a response from someone who has had one that will.

MICP1480

5. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Just for info, my local Sam's Club carries the Otterbox for Droid cases.

6. smittythepig

the bottom part is fine, its just the top i was worried was a little loose. but it's been 24 hours now and no problems at all. i think it's fine. amazing case.

7. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

i bought my otterbox from a store in the mall four days ago. i havent had any noticeable problems yet. i havent taken the top part off to know if it scratched it yet though. i dont want to take it off either as i worry it may loosen the the clips.

8. electroplasm

electroplasm New Member

I was looking at getting the otter box this week. I am getting a replacement Droid from Verizon any day now. My current one has seen better days due mostly in part to the fact that I have been through 4 cases that have all fallen apart. The front cover only seems to last about 4 weeks or so. The simple sliding of the keyboard weakens the clips and forget about taking it off...if you take it off without breaking or damaging the clips you got lucky.

We will see how the otter box fairs.

9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and the sides do have a little give to them but it is not loose by any means. Comes off easily also and doesn't seem to effect the clip strength.