otterbox for inspireAccessories

Last Updated: 2011-09-08 00:07:44
  1. proframer92

proframer92 Active Member

i have been going from spec sheet from the desire hd to the inspire... from my findings it may look like the otterbox defender to the htc desire hd may fit the htc inspire.
    they both use the same metal shell...
    does anyone have any input to this?

Advertisement
  2. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

they're the same exact phone. Just different radio bands internally. But exactly the same physically
  3. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

Somewhere in this forum someone posted a spec sheet of the two phones side by side. There's a slight difference somewhere, don't remember if it's width or depth... but there's a slight difference.
  4. erict6

erict6 Member

I posted in another thread that I asked Otterbox if it would fit, they said that it would not. They did not give any other info though...
  5. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

oh, oops! I apologize!

hmm, I must investigate
  6. thoffland

Here you go:

[​IMG]
  7. proframer92

those numbers look the same ..... thats a plus... i have contacted otterbox and they also have replied that this is a interesting thought.... but could not give any more info since the phone has not been released yet ....one case two phones....

i also have been waiting to dump this rotten apple i posses lol.....
    i have high hopes to inspire to something better
  8. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

I'm no engineer, but it looks .02 mm thicker. I verified with seidio.com that their products labeled Inspire will work perfectly. Otterbox does not. It depends on manufacturing and form-fit
  9. thoffland

Could probably put a few strips of electrical tape inside the back of the otterbox to fill in those .02mm and it would fit perfectly.
  10. 1Zach1

1Zach1 Member

The difference (according to those number which I think is just a difference in rounding) is .2mm, not .02mm. .2mm is about the thickness of a single layer of electrical tape, but I still believe they are exactly the same on the outside.
  11. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

like I said, im not an engineer. and I quoted otterbox saying their products wouldnt fit.
  12. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Well-Known Member

I'd trust otterbox. They will have the proper case out in a short time, at least that's the response I got from them.

Cheers... :)
  13. sgtrutledge

sgtrutledge Member

14. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Well-Known Member

I've been using Otterbox when out hiking, mountaing biking, & during other rugged outdoor activities. They're the best. Worth every penny & their ugly looks. LOL.
  15. sgt50

sgt50 Active Member

So, this means that Otterbox for HD will work for the inspire?
  16. yes
  17. sgt50

sgt50 Active Member

Thanks just ordered O Box defender and car charger, now I need the device
  18. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

Just a note:

AT&T will be getting the Case mate "tough case" which is almost identical to the otter box commuter (rubber insert, abs shell) its worth taking a look at!
    mattbe213 likes this.
  19. sgtrutledge

sgtrutledge Member

Ya I ordered my otterbox yesterday. I cant wait till t-mo tho.
  20. proframer92

nothing compares to an otterbox, period....
    my iphone never offered insurance but owning a defender case was my insurance
  21. substance12

substance12 Well-Known Member

I never heard of otterbox until this thread. I saw the links... it's not a bad lookin case. I'm assuming the primary selling point of this case is that it's 'tuff as nails'?
  22. yea thats the deal but honestly I would never buy a beautiful phone like the Inspire and cover it up in that hideous thing either of them
  23. proframer92

i work construction everyday. i don't let my profession define what my cellular phone will be. i use my phone for daily orders, using builders apps, and even talk n surf. this phone will definitely increase my productivity. otterbox is tough, and the customer support is freaking fabulous. i only bought 1 case and the have sent 2 replacements ( just because they wore out)
  24. coupequattro

coupequattro Member

I am an Auto Tech so it is in a harsh environment and I tend to drop it regularly , My Iphone 3GS has been in one for the last 18month's and when I took it out today to swap out the sim card there was no marks on the screen and only minor scuffing on the back, Very impressed.
    Just ordered a desire HD one off ebay today for my inspire.
    I think I can keep it clean till it arrives :)
  25. proskatercam

proskatercam New Member

I noticed this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLgjbmS_sJA

And saw that the case was for the Desire HD, and the guy said that the case is perfect. Still doesn't say anything 100% about how the Otterbox cases will work, but I guess its something to go by in terms of compatibility...