Otterbox Impact Series Now Available for EVO!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

If you already own a Seido Innocase....is there any real reason to get this one?

Thoughts and opinions of those that have touched and felt this case are appreciated.

If is is a one piece rubbery silicone case....PASS.

3. senturus

senturus Active Member

im getting this, i have the seidio active case (limited edition) the first one broke because the corners fell off, then the replacement one did the same thing. so im getting this.

4. senturus

senturus Active Member

from the description it seems to be a one piece case.

5. gordo

gordo Member

I'm waiting for the defender series

6. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for a review on this one. Looks to be pretty sleek. Any coupons or free shipping options available?

7. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

from what i've been reading here and other forums, seems like some people are getting the impression that it's a hard case. remember folks, this is still just a silicone case.

8. lindseybee

lindseybee Member

Holding out for the Defender (if they ever release it!) so I'm gonna pass on this one... For what we paid for the phone, a top-notch case is a necessary investment :)

9. senturus

senturus Active Member

Techbargains Exclusive. OtterBox is offering 10% off + Free Shipping after Coupon Code: tb1010y (Exp 11/30). Tax in CO.

bjordan and socalz71 like this.
  10. socalz71

socalz71 New Member

thanks senturus. just ordered one and coupon is good!

11. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Its a sweet case, the bad thing is I just bought the 3500 mAh battery and don't want to give up usage for looks. I wish someone would make a super case for extended batteries lol

12. bjordan

bjordan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just ordered one and got the discount.

13. Dutch54

Dutch54 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but can anyone recommend a hard case that I put a lanyard on/through/around so I can wear my phone around my neck for photo/video purposes? It's gotta be strong.....its going to Europe for 2 weeks and all the walking around that involves. Thanks for any insight...was hoping for something that doesn't cover the lens

14. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Have It! Love it! Get it!

15. MsRandall

MsRandall Well-Known Member

16. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

It sounds like the Defender case will have an integrated screen protector. I don't want this at all, and it is why I decided not to get the Defender for the EVO. I called them up, and the lady I spoke with didn't know any hard details or facts, but she read some description which indicated to her that it was integrated. I hope she is wrong...and that the screen protector is not a part of the main case. We'll see when it's released.

17. edlex

I think it is part of the case which is the only way you can really seal out any particulate matter. You may want to check out the seidio rugged case. I have the rugged case combo and it is great and without the screen protection. That's the main reason I'm waiting for the defender because it totally seals the phone.

18. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

If this is just a silicone case, how does it offer more protection than any other silicone case? Seems to me it would just offer different looks than another silicone, but no more drop protection...

19. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I understand about sealing out matter...but when something does sneak in there (seems inevitable to me), I don't want a permanently installed screen protector with dirt trapped between it and the phone screen...which could cause issues as I slide my finger across the screen.

I like the idea of the built in screen protector for blackberries, or any phone that isn't touch screen. But I am not sure about having that on a touchscreen phone. I'm sure it works well overall, but it's not for me.

BTW, I upgraded last night from the Innocase II to the Rugged. I like it!

20. Kchristainsen

Kchristainsen Member

anyone have any inside info on the the release of the defender series from otterbox? Looks like its been coming soon for awhile now.

21. edlex

Their site has been down for maintenance all afternoon so maybe it's good news for those of us waitig for the defender. I know, wishful thinking..,

22. Kchristainsen

Kchristainsen Member

yeh the website is still down 24 hours later. I got wishful thinking too.

23. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

@stanglifemike: It covers more of the bezel than any other silicone case Ive seen. The entire top of the phone is covered[around the earpiece and FFC] but it leaves the sensors exposed. Its the perfect silicone case IMO. It just makes me feel like my phone can actually take a fall and be ok. Im just too apprehensive to test it.

24. edlex

Wishful thinking was right. At least they're giving us 20% off until next Friday.

25. Captain Starfish

Captain Starfish Well-Known Member

I don't know about any hard cases, but there is a custom battery cover which you can attach a lanyard to from icycell. I'm planning on purchasing a clear one myself.

As for the Impact case, I just received it yesterday and so far I'm really satisfied with it. I've been waiting for a good silicone-type case for a while because I kinda got tired of the hard white one from Sprint. The case fits really well and comes with a screen protector that I've yet to apply. The hard buttons are easy to hit and all the ports are protected nicely. It has quite a nice feel and texture that I really appreciate. Also the back lens doesn't protrude with this case.

If there is anything I have to complain about it, it'd be the proximity of the case to the top of the screen. At first it felt somewhat awkward to pull down the notification tray because I'm used to starting a little above the screen when I slide my thumb down. However I'm already used to it so not a big deal.

Sorry for not posting pics as I don't have a camera atm, but the pics on the otterbox site pretty much speak for themselves.

Dutch54 and tlr3 like this.