Otterbox rantAccessories

Last Updated:

1. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just went to the otterbox web site and the iPhone 4 already has a case there. Our evo cone out first yet they get the case! Wtf? OK that was it. Just Kinda pissed me of and wanted to share.

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

They already lost my sale. I bought the seidio rugged combo value pack and I'm very happy with it.

3. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

Simple supply and demand. Like it or not there are more iPhone 4's out there to sell a case to than EVO's. Ticks me off too but I can understand why they do it.

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Yeah, also too late here. I couldn't wait any longer and picked up a seidio LE case. I'm not thrilled with it but it seems very protective. If otterbox comes out with something amazing, I could see myself ditching this seidio... But the otterbox would have to be very impressive.

5. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

They are dragging their feet and losing business. Mine included.

I emailed them when the EVO was released and they said they are "evaluating the market."

Too late folks. We see where your loyalties are - enjoy the iPhone 4 revenue!

6. vicshalls

That is true but still annoying. I guess they need one more than we do since they do have antenna issues. Lol

7. vicshalls

My iPhone friends have one and so do my hero friends and the build quality seems so much better than the seilido case which I have the active case and it just does not seem to fit my phone all that great but it will do for now. Just hate having to spend another 50 on another case when it finally comes out.

8. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I agree.

It sucks, but as a business, their interests is to maximize profit from their investment (time and resources).

9. harleyless

harleyless Well-Known Member

Tried Seidio, not to happy...waiting for Otter too.

Maybe they've updated their site but last time I checked, but they didn't even have a photo of what the cases will look like. I'd atleast like to see a teaser to see if they are worth the wait...

10. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Knowing Otter it will probably be very nice. Thing with me is I usually buy a case right away when I get a new phone. At the rate that I change phones, if you don't get me right away as a customer, you lost a sale. Seidio may not be the best, but damn they are fast with accessories. Even if they screw up they make good and replace the item, but they get you as a customer fast.

11. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

yeah otterbox lost my presale loyalty, **** them..... They don't even have a design picture for the Evo, I'm on the mailing list to be notified once it comes out, it's been over a month, and still not even a "we're working on it email".

Hopefully the free Apple case hurts them :D

CriticalCritic likes this.
  12. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

Hopefully Otterbox will release a case by Halloween so I can dress my phone up. I bought a Bodyglove case off ebay for $6. Not my favorite but will do until Otterbox gets off their duff.

13. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

I was telling guys this. They still don't have a Incredible case. It makes sense for them to do a iPad and iPhone case first, because of the number sold.

14. jwade80

jwade80 Active Member

Same here....long time Otterbox fan and user, unfortunately they lost my business.

15. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

They always take a long time to put out new cases, but it's hard for me to completely write them off because once the cases come out they're outstanding. Perfect fit, great protection. They don't pop off like I've seen some Seidio ones do. I just really wish they were quicker on their feet.

16. eirrom

eirrom Well-Known Member

Try the Amzer case. I have it and it is great. Strong without adding too much thickness.

Amzer

17. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

i couldnt wait no longer otterbox....went to amazon.com yesterday and found a innocase rugged for evo for 40 shipped. paid extra 3.99 (43.99 totall) and it just arrived via UPS. i like the case alot, and it will serve its purpose at my job in the oilfield

18. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Innocase Active by Seidio is a GREAT case with the same double layer concept that will be offered by Otterbox and Case Mate. I have given up on Otterbox as well as Case Mate. They both have lost a sale from me.