Otterbox Silicone Plugs?

Last Updated:

1. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my first Otterbox Commuter case for my Hero now for five days. I was carrying it either naked or in a Sprint silicone case. I like the Otterbox but the charging port plug keeps working loose. It doesn't come all the way out but the front lip sticks up a little. I've tried putting in several ways with different pressure and it still works out a little. The 3.5 jack plug stays in great. Is this normal for this Hero case. Thanks, TC.
    P.S. Rebooting doesn't help either.

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Rebooting always helps my usb plug. J/K I have never had a prob with the case flaps opening on their own/not staying closed. My otterbox stays closed up all the time for me....

3. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

I don't use my Otterbox anymore, but when I did I would pull the plug forward and seat it into the port so it's going straight in. There is a tendency to just stick it in but I think what happens is that it's going in at a slight angle and not seating properly thus working it's way loose. Once I figured this out, I had no problems with the plug working it's way loose. God, too much innuendo here - no smart ass remarks! ;)
    Hope this helps.

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you use? I don't know if I like it or not. The plug keeps coming out just a little. I called Otterbox and they said it was normal for it to do that. I like my phone naked but have used serveral different cases. In this area I stay confused. Thanks, TC.