8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other(Specify Below)

5 vote(s)
    20.8%

Last Updated:

1. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got a mesmerize (since they are the same phone, thought is thread would get more exposure in here) and was looking for a case. From what I've read, I've narrowed it down to either the Otterbox commuter or Seidio Innocase II, and was wondering if anyone had these cases, and what they thought of them. I'm looking for something to protect my phone, but not add alot of size or bulk.

Advertisement
  2. SupraLance

SupraLance Well-Known Member

3rd Option: Wait for Seidio Innocase Active X (I assume option 2 is for the Surface, out now?)

Just look down a few threads for reviews of the Seidio, and comments on the Otterbox... Both good cases, just depends whether you want thinner or more protective.
    Bottom Line: Otterbox case is thicker and uglier but provides better protection than the Seidio Surface case. The Active X should fall on the happy middle ground.

3. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

Otterbox defender series. Yes it is huge now, but I am rough on phones and fell in love with my otterbox commuter I had on my HTC Eris since day 1. Phone lasted the entire past year and still looks brand new when i decided to upgrade to the fascinate.

4. rkduq20

rkduq20 Member

i just got my otterbox commuter in the mail. got it on ebay for 19.99. not too bad. i like it alot. it does feel find of slippery like the phone itself without a case but the big thing i really really like is that all the holes except the voice hole and charging port are covered. that really helps keep the dust out. that is the big reason i bought this case to begin with. now all i need is 2.2 and i will be lovin this phone. to scared to root for some reason guess i just dont feel comfortable doing it would like to just a scaredy cat.

5. Nova5

Nova5 Member

Siedio Rugged Innocase Hybrid.

It has the Innocase Surface, and a rubber+hard skeleton. I use the heavy duty case parts when i am out on the jobsite, when i get home the rubber+skeleton gets removed and i have just the Surface on. very nice but a little price at 40 bucks from amazon.