Otterbox?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. YDG

YDG New Member This Topic's Starter

I see they have the pictures up on the site now,but does anyone know when they will be released for the Droid X?

Advertisement
  2. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

They'll email you if you just subscribe to their email listing to let people know when it will be available.

catmanzrt likes this.
  3. Wogs

Wogs Well-Known Member

Looks like ill be getting a cheap silicone case until these come out. I've never had a smartphone nor a case but these seems to be the style I like.

4. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

That also *could* be a good thing -- if they give precedence to those who signed up for an email notice. If you simply watched the site and they sold out before you had a chance to purchase ...

Then again, it may just be first come, first served.

I also got the glossy silicone (Verizon) case in the meantime, and it's quite nice. Also fits in the leather pouch. Only negative is that it gets fingerprints all over it.

5. whalebus

whalebus Well-Known Member

I went into rei to check out the otterboxes and the DX is just a little too long to fit into the one made for the ATT phone. You might be able to trim the rubber a little, but it is probably better to wait for the real deal. At the moment, I am using the medium sized Sealine case (again, the small is made exactly for those other phones) and it works great so that I can use my Kindle App in wet environments.

Sealine E-Case

6. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

The Otterbox cases look really nice but the one thing I hate about cases is adding more bulk to a slim phone. It looks as though they did a really nice job of keeping the Defender slimmer but does anyone know from experience with Otterbox how they will actually be?

7. Wogs

Wogs Well-Known Member

I dont mine a little extra bulk. I drop phones alot so I need the protection and this is my first smart phone so I dont want anything to happen to it

8. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

I'd say it'll be a while. The Incredible has been out since May and the Otterbox cases still aren't available. They say coming soon still as well.

9. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I had an otterbox for my storm 1 and the phone still looks brand new, but this X is already big, the commuter may be more of my style, of course I do like the belt clip just in case, well, when it won't fit in your pocket...

Oh, btw, I was on the mailing list for a Dinc otterbox - never received anything, still states "coming soon"... should have taken that as a warning, well I guess I did. :) Happy droid X user <<<<

10. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

If Otterbox takes that long to produce their cases, I might wait for the release of the Seidio case instead.

11. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Wow, didn't realize the Incredible cases weren't available yet...bummer...cause I'd imagine they'd be released before the X

12. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member

wonder if the otterbox cases will still fit phones that have the extended battery :confused:

13. Wogs

Wogs Well-Known Member

Are the screen protectors part of the case or do you have the option not to put the screen protector on.

14. skipdividedmalfunction

skipdividedmalfunction Active Member

They've already released cases for the iphone 4 which came out after the incredible. It is the iphone, however.

15. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

16. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member

i dont drop mine alot either....its just kind of like an insurance policy. i dont need my case but every blue moon, but i am glad i have it when i do need it

17. tritan

tritan Member

I twittered them on this and they stated they would pass it along to R&D.