• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.9

use poot debug app posted below
Let it install ministro ministro will
Download Qt library then press
The poot button your done
u7y6ujud.jpg
I did use poot debug app 2 root it was the 1 for the ascend Y it works fine for me no problems then I downloaded ROM Manager and flashed the recovery everything works great will let me say this when you run the app it will give you a error 67 it didn't clean up but all I did was update superuser everything works fine give it a try i forgot install superuser first

All thanks goes to giantpune;5418113]Here's a version of Poot make special for the h866c.
Also works on the rush Those of you that said you wanted to donate, my paypal address is giantpune at gmail dotcom. Download Poot-debug.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

@tusukious
I'll take it all in $1 bills.

Upvote 0
There seems to be something I am missing because I follow the intructions on the tutorial to the letter and get Failed! everytime I try to flash the recovery. Here is the log from odin. Btw my phone is updated with the latest firmwarew update so I hope that isnt the reason I can do this.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Upvote 0
I just bought the rush a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the jb update to root it. Now that I have the update, I'm ready. My question is since I was not rooted before the update will the instructions and links in the opening post work still? I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but I want to be sure before I forge ahead. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just bought the rush a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the jb update to root it. Now that I have the update, I'm ready. My question is since I was not rooted before the update will the instructions and links in the opening post work still? I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but I want to be sure before I forge ahead. Thanks!

Yep they will work fine :)

Upvote 0

It should work fine

I feel I can say this with confidence after reading this post from Shabby - http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-rush/681487-jelly-bean-4-1-a-2.html#post5835342

While I'm here, could I convince you to hold off on rooting for a little as you can provide us with something we need???

What we need is a stock unrooted CWM backup made after a factory reset. You can get this for us. I and/or others will be happy to assist you in getting this as long as you are willing to hold off on rooting for a little while longer :)

Upvote 0
Got a small problem. My Rush updated to Jellybean this morning. (4.1.2) It was rooted using the software in this thread previously on Ice Cream.
I ran Odin 3.04 and downloaded the current CWM-Touch-Rush-m830 and it flashed with no issues following the directions to the letter. Then downloaded the newest SuperSU+ 1.25 in this thread and installed that with no errors. The issue is that it's not rooting the phone. Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Got a small problem. My Rush updated to Jellybean this morning. (4.1.2) It was rooted using the software in this thread previously on Ice Cream.
I ran Odin 3.04 and downloaded the current CWM-Touch-Rush-m830 and it flashed with no issues following the directions to the letter. Then downloaded the newest SuperSU+ 1.25 in this thread and installed that with no errors. The issue is that it's not rooting the phone. Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

uncheck the auto reboot as well as f reset time flash CWM when it passes unplug your phone from the computer and pull your battery now boot into CWM (if it dosent boot to CWM right away it will not hold it will default back to stock) do a backup at this point b4 root now with your backup complete flash supersu reboot and you should be good to go

Reactions: bootlegninja
Upvote 0
Hello former HTC and Motorola junkie here. First Samsung phone. Will this rooting method work on the 4.1.2 OTA or even have anything to do with the software version due to the whole download mode workaround?

Odin is the alpha and omega when it comes to Samsung devices. This will work regardless of software/firmware version

Reactions: BlackFire27
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! But no joy. It just goes to the stock Android system recovery <3e>

Edit - I'm thinking I may have to wait until everything is updated again before I can get root again.

This also happens for me with 4.1.2. Odin says it's good, but I always get stock recovery. Pulling the battery after the flash is complete, not using the autoreboot, doesn't seem to ever let me get into recovery mode the first boot afterward.

Upvote 0
It is flashing. After battery removal, put the battery back in, and then power + vol. up. if the phone starts up before you do that, it will remove the script needed to start CWM

It really refuses to enter recovery on the first boot after flash. Put battery back in and hold vol+ and power and it still boots to phone. It makes no difference if I'm holding the recovery combo before or after battery re-insertion. Phone is stock 4.1.2 on Boost, flashing CWM-Rush-M830-Final.tar (6,215,680 bytes) using Odin 3.04 on Win7 32bit if that helps any.

Please let me know if there's more information I can supply, or steps to follow, to help resolve this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones