• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] CWM based recovery for AT&T Express

Shabbypenguin

Extreme Android User
Mar 28, 2011
Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
presents to you

OUDHS Recovery 1.0.0.0
for your Samsung Galaxy Express

Read this whole post before doing anything :)

One Click CWM

Directions:

1) Download the above files
2) Run the exe as an administrator
3) Power your Express off
4) Press and hold volume down and power to enter download mode
5) Connect your phone to your computer
6) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
7) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue/yellow square in the ID COM box
8) Click start

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats you now have CWM now if you wish to root youll need to follow these instructions :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuperSU+ 1.25

Directions:

1) Download the above file
2) Connect your phone and copy them to your phone
3) Once they are copied power down your device
4) Hold volume up and power to enter Clockworkmod recovery
5) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
6) Choose install zip from sdcard, then pick internal or external (where you copied it to)
7) Scroll down to the SuperSU+.zip and select it to install

Congrats you are rooted! this procedure will work on any firmware update you guys get :)

If you enjoyed getting root/recovery and want to show appreciation you can always buy me a coke

Credits:
Members of the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad (OUDHS) For being the best we can for those whom need us
rdawson28 For being an awesome tester
BlindArtisan For providing the stock recovery, thanks man :)

so I was having a little difficulty getting the recovery to stick.my phone is the i437p the Express go phone. So what I did was as soon as odin said pass I unplugged the USB cord and pulled the battery then did the three button combo to boot into recovery. That was the only way I could get the recovery to stick and able to root my phone. Then I went on an install CM 10 .2 and my phone is awesome. Thank you so much shabby.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones