• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Guide to Rooting your Premia 4G

Shabbypenguin

Extreme Android User
Mar 28, 2011
Ok so let me start off by saying the exploit is in no way shape or form my own. Dan Rosenberg let this amazing exploit go to the public and lucky he did as now many devices can now be easily rooted (like yours for example).

Please remember root is the spark that sets it all off, without it recovery wouldnt be possible which would mean no roms. so if you enjoy any of the stuff that comes from root be sure to send a nice donation and thanks to dan his paypal can be found here:

Not used to the whole 4.0 thing here, do I use MTP as with debug?

Set it to PTP (camera mode). It might work with MTP, but Shabby successfully did it with my phone in PTP.

EDIT:

Try these. I had to try a few different drivers before ADB Devices would even display the phone.

Huawei Drivers

Or this might work. *Confirmed working*

Upvote 0
Set it to PTP (camera mode). It might work with MTP, but Shabby successfully did it with my phone in PTP.

EDIT:

Try these. I had to try a few different drivers before ADB Devices would even display the phone.

Huawei Drivers

Or this might work.

The one that might work worked, I got it showing in ADB now :D

Upvote 0
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/Stock-Premia.4g-Recovery.img

and i can begin work on cwm. since huawei now has a bootload unlock site and i guess a few other their other phones have locked bootloader no promises. but i will give it a whirl :)

Upvote 0
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/Stock-Premia.4g-Recovery.img

and i can begin work on cwm. since huawei now has a bootload unlock site and i guess a few other their other phones have locked bootloader no promises. but i will give it a whirl :)

If you can tell me where that command dumped the .img it's yours LOL....

Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Rich>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
M931-33975fb8   device

C:\Documents and Settings\Rich>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdca
rd/Stock-Premia.4g-Recovery.img
sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/Stock-Premia.4g-Recovery.img               <
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
8388608 bytes transferred in 1.630 secs (5146385 bytes/sec)
shell@android:/ #
C:\Documents and Settings\Rich>

Upvote 0
I purchased the Huawei Premia 4G from MetroPCS and recieved it a few days ago. Also purchased a MicroSDHC card elsewhere. This is my first smartphone and first attempt at rooting. I understand the steps to take given by Shabbypenguin completely and am greatful for the information and the Dan Rosenberg exploit/motochopper. I got a good picture of the rooting process through googling, youtube and this forum of course, but some things are unclear. To use the steps stated by Shabbypenguin, do I need to have Android SDK installed on my Windows 7? And what are the proper steps I should do before using motochopper, please forgive me if I'm completely off, but this is my idea of what to do..

1. Make sure my phone is fully charged
2. Unmount my SD card
3. In Developmer options, make sure that USB Debug mode is "ON"
4. In Manage Apps, I should clear the cache
5. Plug my phone to my computer and restart the phone
6. Follow the steps given by Shabbypenguin in first post

And now I should have root axx?

Any tyoe of mini tutorial/guide, advice and input would be greatly appreciated. I know I only have 1 post, but believe you me, I do plan to go "crazy" with all the functions and possibilities with my "soon to be" rooted phone and contribute whatever I can do this incredible forum. Finally I would like to thank you all for the many hours you guys obviously put into this wonderul forum! Take it easy.

Reactions: XyLoSe
Upvote 0
I purchased the Huawei Premia 4G from MetroPCS and recieved it a few days ago. Also purchased a MicroSDHC card elsewhere. This is my first smartphone and first attempt at rooting. I understand the steps to take given by Shabbypenguin completely and am greatful for the information and the Dan Rosenberg exploit/motochopper. I got a good picture of the rooting process through googling, youtube and this forum of course, but some things are unclear. To use the steps stated by Shabbypenguin, do I need to have Android SDK installed on my Windows 7? And what are the proper steps I should do before using motochopper, please forgive me if I'm completely off, but this is my idea of what to do..

1. Make sure my phone is fully charged
2. Unmount my SD card
3. In Developmer options, make sure that USB Debug mode is "ON"
4. In Manage Apps, I should clear the cache
5. Plug my phone to my computer and restart the phone
6. Follow the steps given by Shabbypenguin in first post

And now I should have root axx?

Any tyoe of mini tutorial/guide, advice and input would be greatly appreciated. I know I only have 1 post, but believe you me, I do plan to go "crazy" with all the functions and possibilities with my "soon to be" rooted phone and contribute whatever I can do this incredible forum. Finally I would like to thank you all for the many hours you guys obviously put into this wonderul forum! Take it easy.

IDK why you're unmounting your SD card o_O

Ok heres a quick rundown.

You need to download and install the android SDK.

Then you need to make sure the ADB tools stuff is installed.

Then install these drivers.

Put USB debug on, plug the phone into your computer, and set it to PTP (Camera mode).

Now follow ShabbyPenguins guide.

Upvote 0
2lnv7ti.jpg

Woohoo! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones