[OUDHS] Return to stock

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
    presents to you

Return to stock
    for your Samsung Galaxy Rush

Read this whole post before doing anything :)

Rooted Stock Odin (Rooted-system, recovery, kernel)
    Odin 3.04

Directions:

1) Download the above files
    2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the Stock odin.tar into the folder
    3) Run Odin as an administrator
    4) Power your Galaxy Rush off
    5) Press and hold volume down and power to enter download mode
    6a) Connect your phone to your computer
    6b) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
    7) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue square in the ID COM box
    8) Click on PDA and choose the Stock odin.tar, ensure autoreboot is the only option checked off
    9) Click start

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You should boot back up with stock
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need someone to who has flashed cwm but not rooted to grab system. there is a lot of files missing so its not a complete tar, as in you guys get an ota and you flash this you wont be able to update due to the radios mismatch. but hey its better than nothin right? :p

If get your device back working and want to show appreciation you can always buy me a coke

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

My roommate is rooted, and nothing else. I could remove superuser and the binary, and upload that. (If that would help.)
    (Only did it so she could WiFi tether)
  3. Shabbypenguin

did you install busybox as well?
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

*sigh* yea... I did... :( didn't even think of that

Edit-wouldnt I just have to clean up /xbin and /etc too?
  5. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

I tryed flashing this and i get a fail.
  6. Shabbypenguin

yea sorry, as it turns out there is an issue with my computer making teh tars. i am currently re uploading all 800+MB's of it in a new working tar, just gunna take 3+ hours
  7. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

Hello.were you able to work out the bugs?...any working stock rom with oden?
    Not trying to bug but hate not having a phone and cant afford to buy another.
  8. Shabbypenguin

it should be uploaded now :)
    jfrankki likes this.
  9. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

It doesnt download, the page the link goes to plays a video and says "403 Forbidden" "Expecting a directory listing?" Thanks for all your work so far, your having some bad luck lately or sumthing.:)
  10. Shabbypenguin

lol im so sorry, link is working now :)
    jfrankki likes this.
  11. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

Still fails on install when installing the system file. is the system file suppose to be system.img.ext4 ?
  12. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

i'm downloading again just to make sure things didnt mess up in download
  13. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

WooooHoooo .. phone is up running! wooohoooo YOur the Man!
    Slayer72 likes this.
  14. jfrankki

jfrankki Active Member

Now Lets Get Brickin our phones with some custom roms! lol
    Slayer72 likes this.
  15. metalbiker

metalbiker Well-Known Member

your the man shabby!
  16. Techwolf

Techwolf Member

So, i have a brand new rush that i just got, i've not rooted or installed cwm on it yet, is there someway i can help before i start rooting this thing?
  17. Shabbypenguin

flash cwm and get a stock system.img for us. then i can make a true return to stock tar :)

of course this wont reset your flash counter...
  18. Techwolf

Techwolf Member

flash counter? there a limit to how many times you can flash it or something?

*edit*
    Just looked around a bit, didn't know about the flash counter before, will there be a way to reset it later on maybe?
  19. Shabbypenguin

if you msg chainfire he might add support for his triangle away app. or try a usb jig as there wont be any other way to do it.
  20. Techwolf

Techwolf Member

21. Shabbypenguin

unfortunately no, that will ensure you can return back to stock unrooted but wont produce the image i need.

once in cwm i need someone to connect via adb, go to mounts and storage and mount system then run this command

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/system.ext4.img
    Slayer72 likes this.
  22. Techwolf

Techwolf Member

like i said i'm pretty new-ish to the scene, eveything i did to my prevail was just following the guides and instructions, if you're willing to help walk me thru this, i'm be happy to help you get what you need, shoot me a pm if you prefer
  23. Flowz_Mcgee

Flowz_Mcgee New Member

Im rooted but havent installed busy box, just Su.. could use use my help?
  24. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Contributor

Shabby if someone doesn't get it for you by the time I get my Rush from a friend the first or second week of January then I'll get it for you, I'm familiar with using ADB and know how to mount partitions in CWM too... :D

EDIT: No offense to the guys that are trying to help but if you guys haven't done commands in ADB before or too often then I don't recommend that you do it at this point as you could potentially mess up your phone with a simple mistake, I'm just saying that maybe someone will come along that has this phone and has a lot more knowledge using commands in ADB that could do it at this point, or I could do it when I get my Rush next month unless someone with more experience with commands in ADB comes along beforehand...
    Tesla5 and Shabbypenguin like this.
  25. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Contributor

Mornin' Shabby, how are ya this morning??