• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Return to stock

Cool.. Thanks! Yes those are correct instructions, but I think one member tried and couldn't get it to work. If you can't get it to pull, then I would ask Shabbypenguin for help.

After you odin the stock rom, boot up the phone, youll get your typical errors preventing you from doing anything, restart in the stock recovery mode, then wipe data/factory settings and cache... NOT with CWM but the stock recovery that comes with this. You saved my day. Stock with my little tweaks beats any of these custom ROMS and I was going through hell for hours..
restart and bingo just like the day you bought it.. and I even did the update before.

Upvote 0
I also am stock out the box (not rooted yet XD) and just in case you guys cant get the other stock to work theres always one with me. Tell me the steps, what you need, and youve got it!!
I hope you have luck with this, I tried, but was not successful
Flash Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.2.5 via odin3 (Do Not Root)
Set up and connect to adb (you can use this to help set up adb http://androidforums.com/micromax-a56/603700-tutorial-how-set-up-adb.html
Once in cwm we need someone to, go to mounts and storage and mount system then run this shell command:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/mnt/extSdCard/system.ext4.img

Once complete, go to mnt/extSdCard/ and upload the file system.ext4.img
I hope this is helpful

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
I'm returning my Rush to stock to return it to Best Buy and get a new one (thanks to the warranty I purchased). It'll be my last exchange I can make, so I need to know that the procedure to obtain the stock image is one that won't brick my phone.

I'm a rookie in comparison, but I've used Shabby's method to root on my Prevail and now my rush, so I feel compelled to help the movement. Is there any way we can get a group consensus on a proper procedure that's detailed enough for a rookie to do it? (Not that I don't appreciate K Rize's method.)

Upvote 0
I am new to this forum and I am not a developer. I bought a a Rush phone that was already soft brick on ebay. It look like the previous owner was trying to custom root the phone. I bought the phone thinking that I could undo the soft brick using this forum....but still I cannot get this phone to go into recovery. Here's what it will do:
1. It will take a charge
2. It will go into download mode
3. I did download the Return to stock for your Samsung Galaxy Rush
4. It will not boot ( it attempt to but the boost symbol faintly appears with little animation. The image comes in kinda weak and fades away...then the home keys at the bottom lights up with a black screen.
5. Every now and then the recovery mode will appear...but not in the conventional way of pressing the volume button up...but when I press the power button. And when it does decide to appear ...it is not a strong lite screen but the image will show and then fade out before I can use the screen.

I have tried the downloads on this forum and on odin they show passed but the phone WILL NOT reboot at all. Please add any input you can give me.

Upvote 0
I used your return to stock which did make the phone kinda ACT like it wanted to boot (meaning I got a weak signal of the logo with no animation...then the screen goes blank and the home keys light up. I can NOT consistently get the recovery mode screen but the few times I can get to the screen the reception of the screen is so weak that when I do try to make any commands the screen fades out. If I hold the volume button up a screen in the upper left hand flashes real quick "boot to recovery mode by key 1"...BUT if I hold the volume button down ...os warning screen and press down to boot I MAYBE can get it to go into the recovery mode.

Upvote 0
It did get a bonifide boot (meaning I got the weak boost signal with no animation. Then the recovery mode came up but once againg the screen faded out before I could use it. Can anybody tell what is making the my recovery screen fade away. Its like the screen is not stable and when I push the power button just then I got a quick glimpse of the clock on a screen.. Its almost like their is a short or something on this phone.

The download screen comes in real strong and is stablize where I can at least download using odin.. But the recovery mode screen is weak and fades out before and can make any commands. Has anyone ever come across anybody having this problem?

Upvote 0
Dear Shaggy, thank you for all your work on this device. My Rush was rooted with CMW and froze one day. In CWM, I accidentally hit factory reset instead of clearing cache...got stuck in boot loop. Upon attempting to flash Christpherus (spell chk) stock rom, I have achieved a soft brick. Device no longer goes into recovery mode, just shows firmware update error with phone, computer and yellow triangle on the screen. The device still goes into download mode, however Odin isnt recognizing it for me to flash your stock ROM. Any help or advice? Thanks in advance to all

*guess I cant flash this anyway, being that the device was purchased on 4.1.2, but still having a problem with Odin recognizing the device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones