• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Our Awesome X10 Camera

Sorry, my picture didn't come out so clear, it seems a little grainy to me, but it is dark and you might be able to tell the grass is green :D No white stuff, unless I go to the beach :eek:

Attachments

• XmasDecorations.jpg
    XmasDecorations.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Loving the pics and vid MrWomble. Yours are a little blue tinged, mine were grey-ish yesterday. But I think the quality on both cameras is pretty good tho. Mrs Womble is great, love your comments. I honestly thought you were going to get a snowball in the mush (UK slang for face for our international viewers!!)

We had another 6" overnight with more due today. Bah humbug I hate the snow!

Upvote 0
Sorry, my picture didn't come out so clear, it seems a little grainy to me, but it is dark and you might be able to tell the grass is green :D No white stuff, unless I go to the beach :eek:

Ok show off make me feel even colder! Not bad for a night time pic tho as the camera isn't the best in the dark. I shall now go and have another hot cup of tea and sulk!

Upvote 0
Mrs Womble is great, love your comments. I honestly thought you were going to get a snowball in the mush (UK slang for face for our international viewers!!)

lol not a chance, she can't throw too good - as evidence allows - though she did try defending herself that she didn't want to hit my phone lol

am heading out again as soon as the current blizzard stops to try again, hopefully not with blue tinge this time

will see soon

**EDIT**

well i managed to survive - even though a damn snowstorm started as i was halfway round -but what do you expect for a city centre park lol pictures below

Upvote 0
Ok so here it is, test number 2 - this time i cleaned the lense (noticed fingerprints) and left all settings on auto

tried to get similar shots to yesterday too

Much better than yesterday and love the use of oblique angle of the light to highlight the textures in the snow. I think I will give my lens a good clean and leave the camera to it.

Upvote 0
WOW, that Snow looks just awesome! I love the snow and the more the better, unfortunately, where I now reside, we are lucky if we get 3 snow days all winter ;~(

Maybe I need to relocate, is the area expensive? What would a general 2 bedroom home or apt cost per month? I have been thinking of moving and maybe it is time to take the leap... Heck no reason not to if the cost of living is not too high.

Upvote 0
Just so your don't feel so left out, these pictures were taken tonight in downtown Celebration, Florida, snow, ice rink, etc. All the things you have in the UK :D

I have downloaded Camera 360, it says my device can't zoom, but the standard camera zooms fine, is this a 1.6 OS issue? Both cameras spftware or maybe it is hardware (???) seem hard to use. I get the "press half way for auto focus" part, I see the green light or the square turn green, but I am struggling with getting a photo to "take". I feel like I am pushing the button so hard it is never coming back up, but nothing is happening.

These pictures (which I had to downsize to attach) are maybe 20% of what I tried to take and failed. Maybe it is the night-time thing, but I am use to a real camera or even my Blackberry was much easier.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ok, so what if it is all fake, I mean Disney Magic :p

Attachments

• DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
Personally, I found the camera button a bit awkward to use. I always ended up with blurry pictures, caused by me half-shuttering, then pressing harder, (moving the phone,) and taking a picture.

Once I enabled the "Touch Capture", I stopped getting blurry pictures. (You just tap the screen and it will auto-focus and snap)

I have yet to try 360, although I'm impressed with the results, so I may have to give it a try today.

Reactions: clockwork58
Upvote 0
I've installed Camera 360 and played with it a bit. I am impressed with the results and amount of options over the stock app. However it is unable to zoom, stating the Camera does not support it. Without this feature I won't be using it too much.
Is there a fix for this, or do we have to wait for an update?

Next I will try Vignette and see how it rates.

Regardless, Camera 360 is a good app with plenty of options available. Pictures seemed to come out more vibrant and clear over the stock app.

Upvote 0
those snow pics at the top of this thread is NOTHING compared to what were getting here now in london ontario canada! we have almost 3 feet and counting..

The trouble is Spike, Canada is used to the snow and I think probably copes with it better than the Brits. We might (fingers crossed!) go the rest of the winter without any more snow. Some winters we have the odd week here and there, some we don't. No-one knows how to drive in it, the trains and public transport all stop and the world generally goes mad. Stay warm matey and looking forward to some pics to put us to shame;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones