• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OUt of date build number - ever been successful in getting VZW to individually push out an upgrade

politzer

Nov 19, 2011
This is a new one on me.

I've got VZW on my Galaxy Nexus. Due to a trouble shooting a contacts syncing problem I've found out that my build number is not current. The maintenance upgrade that replaces my build is supposed to specifically address my syncing problem.

Samsung told me to contact VZW to see about getting the appropriate build pushed out to me. VZW told me they couldn't do it and referred me back to Samsung.

Now I'm hearing that I'll either have to send the phone back to Samsung or VZW to get a new phone or try a hard reset.

Has anyone ever been successful in getting VZW to individually push out an upgrade or patch?

IMM76K. Accd'g to both Samsung and confirmed by VZW the latest is IMM76Q and it was rolled out 7/6.

I'm having continuing issues with my Contacts not syncing, even after all the usual troubleshooting, short of wiping the phone. Apparently this patch is supposed to address this issue so I'm anxious to get a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones