• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Out of Memory but I have 173mb available.

Never!?

Jun 18, 2010
Minnesota
Right now I am unable to read any text message due to an error that says "Low on Space: Phone Storage space is getting low".

I checked my apps and such and it says that I have "Avail: 173 + 115mb in 27".

I deleted all my text threads and im not sure if I deleted all my text permanently or not to make room. Ive delete ~5 apps I wasnt using and there doesn't seem to be a bunch of apps installed.

How do I get rid of this?

Storage space = the space for data available on the phone (not the SD card). The "173mb available" youre seeing is the memory, not physical storage space. Trying moving apps to SD that can be moved and/or deleting any you dont use.

this doesn't make any sense to me. i have 6gb of phone storage space on the phone (not the sd card) free, and i'm getting the same "low memory" message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones