Out of Memory but I have 173mb available.Support

Last Updated:

1. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Right now I am unable to read any text message due to an error that says "Low on Space: Phone Storage space is getting low".

I checked my apps and such and it says that I have "Avail: 173 + 115mb in 27".

I deleted all my text threads and im not sure if I deleted all my text permanently or not to make room. Ive delete ~5 apps I wasnt using and there doesn't seem to be a bunch of apps installed.

How do I get rid of this?

Advertisement
  2. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Storage space = the space for data available on the phone (not the SD card). The "173mb available" youre seeing is the memory, not physical storage space. Try moving apps to SD that can be moved and/or deleting any you dont use.

3. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

this doesn't make any sense to me. i have 6gb of phone storage space on the phone (not the sd card) free, and i'm getting the same "low memory" message.

4. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

As far as im aware, the EVO only has 1gig of storage IN the phone, not talkin about the SD card. A decent piece of that, idk how much, is used by the system software and whatnots. Correct me if im wrong.

*Looks like it is 1 gig, and theres around 350mb left after installing system software.

5. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

All your apps should be moved to you SD card, but you can't move them all because some developers haven't coded their apps for froyo yet. An app has to be coded in order to move from the phone to the storage card and vice versa.

6. Never!?

Never!? Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems I had a lot of room open but I still got the low mem. heh