Out of memory?

1. beachdweller

beachdweller Well-Known Member

I was preparing to change my ROM from ShadowRom to OMGB-6. I went to the market to update my apps and it says that there is not enough space to install the item. Any help with this issue? Also tried to upgrade the ClockworkMod Recovery, but it gives me an error. All this makes me a little more nervous about changing my ROM. Thoughts, suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. CramRazz

CramRazz Well-Known Member

Did you clear data and cache before flashing the new ROM?
    beachdweller likes this.
  3. beachdweller

Lol. Of course not. Isn't that what trips most of us noobs up? Just go into recovery and wipe cache partition?
  4. beachdweller

So I wipe the cache. That did nothing. Still couldn't update ClockworkMod Recovery. Also still had no memory. So I delete the ROM backup that occurred yesterday. That fixed everything. Now, on to changing my ROM!
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You didn't have enough room on your sd card.... Get a bigger one or clean stuff off of it, a nearly full sd card will cause you problems, you should always try to keep at least 500MB free. When you make a nand backup it will not warn you that you didn't have enough space and you'll be out of luck when you try to restore to it.

The market uses the sd card space to update and download apps, that's the reason you got the error.