Out of Service Notification sound (Epic 4G)Support

Last Updated:

1. KevinC2021

KevinC2021 Member This Topic's Starter

I went to the sprint store, and I looked all over my phone for some sort of setting to get the phone to stop making the notification noise when out of service. Anyone know how to shut that off?

Advertisement
  2. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member

dont know but my guess will be settings sounds then notifications

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Kevin.

I've moved your question to the Epic 4G area for you. ;)

4. KevinC2021

I have checked the sound settings and can't find anything to stop the noise.

5. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

If it's like the Moment, disabling that sound is not possible....

6. Steapa

Steapa New Member

I also am having a hard time with this feature. When I have sound enabled it will make that sound over and over. The only way Ive been able to silence it is to put the phone on silent mode, which means of course that now I can't be notified of calls/messages. I work in a building where service can vary, so this sound chirps over and over. Please help!

7. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

Mine does this in the middle of the night.Very annoying and no I don't want to turn the volume off.

8. metsr1

metsr1 Member

I actually came on to the site today to ask the forum what that annoying sound was and how to disable it. It drives me nuts, doing it in the middle of the night. Someone, anyone, PLEASE HELP! LOL.

9. KevinC2021

I have seen other phone models having this same problem. Wish there was a registry editor to go in and disable the sound but maybe with 2.2?

10. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Someone smart needs to come up with a solution for this -- not cool.

11. irwinm

irwinm Well-Known Member

I posted this when the phone first came out - thought it was a "roaming" notification but have since figured out it is actually a "no service" that beeps before the phone kicks into roam in my case. This is absolutely driving me crazy and it is unbelievable that there is no way to shut this off - I emailed Samsung and they told me to talk to service which I figured was useless. It is apparent that there is no way to turn this off unless someone figures out how to do it with a rooted phone.

Between this and the email client not working on this phone it is enough to make me take it back for an Evo - unfortunately it's my wife's phone and she wants to keep the keyboard.

12. Maticuno

Maticuno Member

Does anyone have an update on this topic? The noise is driving me crazy! I live right on the outskirts of the coverage area and the phone is constantly making this noise unless I turn it to silent. I joined the forum specifically because of this issue.

13. joshica

joshica Well-Known Member

I am hoping that Froyo 2.2 will eliminate this problem. I have tried everything and even Verizon has no answers (they are really clueless about the Fascinate).