Out of the loop...whats up with UD and Rom Manager

Last Updated:

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks...I've been out for awhile and it seems like a lot has been going on. Been about two months since I last flashed my ROM (which is currently UDv9.0 I believe). Went to check out UD on the Droid Forum and it almost looks like it's advanced so far I'll need to flash from scratch...which I was considering anyway since it had been so long.
    Also, wanted to get everyone's opinion on what the most stable ROM is out there right now...I was considering flashing Cyanogenmod or whatever but as usual, blackdroid seems to have his act together.
    Does anyone even use ROM Manager any more? I only ask because the UD thread mentioned nothing of it...just doing the old fashioned SPRecovery.
    Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

go with Rom Manager, lots of updates in the last few weeks, let alone the last couple months. Cyanogen is a great rom and so is Bugless Beast. both are way faster and smoother than UD 10. the latest deal with rom manager is simply scanning a qr code to get the rom you want. good stuff.

3. headbanger51

thanks trav...just reading over everything on the forums. Am I seeing right? The latest UD post over on DF is from April 13-ish. WTF??? I am almost certainly going to do CM or BB. The only thing that pisses me off about BB is there are never any screenshots.
    Can someone direct me to some? Thats what I'm scouring for...maybe it's right under my nose.

4. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Here is a GREAT theme od BB1.1 Fab and others hav done a great job with it, I'm running it now. there are screen shots and a couple videos on the post.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...ed-rom-nexbeast-v1-1-updated-5-27-2010-a.html

Jrummy has put out some greatness for CM too, here are a couple different post on them, with screen shots and qr codes.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...-shiz-ese81-built-source-7-theme-choices.html

http://androidforums.com/all-things...x-v0-8-7-themes-built-source-many-extras.html

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Lotsa crap went down between BD and the CM clan..basically BD did't give credit for his source, which is now CM. BD ended up losing his section at DF.

IF you are still interested in BD's stuff, he now has his own site. His ROMS are now a modified version of CM for the most part. He and team have stepped up somewhat about giving credit for their sources, but he still is the "black sheep" of the Android-ROM-dev. world..

The site is black droid mod . com (no spaces). The "new" ROM is called "New Era"

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Yeah, you certainly did miss a lot banger. CM's latest 5.0.7.1 has all the features you come to know and love, but the speed has finally caught up. BBeast is the hands down fastest and most responsive. I'm currently running Fab's NexBeast, which is mostly a NexThemed BBeast, with a few other things thrown in or tweaked. She blazes.

As for UD, Blackdroid pretty much wore out his welcome at Droid Forums. It came to light that they accusations against him were true and the mods over at DF froze his subforum. He joined up w/ another site briefly, but had a falling out w/ the owner. So, he's found a new home and drawn a lot of ire, but otherwise still puts out a decent product.

7. headbanger51

'preciate all the updates from everyone. Lots of stuff with life taking priority over ROMs. :) I just flashed NexBeast this morning and am LOVING it. Currently installing a 1GHz kernel and then I'll have it configured the way I want it. Then it'll probably be back to life. But running UD 9.0 was definitely taking its toll...phone was getting SLLLOOOOWW and very finicky...two things I loathe. I'll be sticking with this one for awhile.

8. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Not sure what home/launcher comes with NexBeast, but I highly suggest LauncherPro if you've been out of the loop for a while.

9. ech0

ech0 Active Member

10. headbanger51