1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[OUTDATED] Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!!

1. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

Tried reinstalling all drivers and lgnpst. Same results.
  2. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

Also, I am running Windows 7. Could that be an issue? LGNPST keeps crashing even though I uninstalled and reinstalled and the .dll doesn't show up in the right hand corner.
  3. Prime85

Prime85 Well-Known Member

Windows 7 is not the problem. I rooted 3 phones with my windows 7 and worked perfectly.

why dont you remove everything that was added to your computer and start from the beginning there might have been a problem installing the components. When installing them turn off your UAC, i had problems installing them till i turned UAC off.
  4. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

I realized my mistake, I wasn't running Reggie.exe in compatibility mode
  5. forda214

forda214 Member

Compatibility mode doesn't seem to make a difference for me, I'm using Vista. The only part I think might have gone wrong was when dragging the .dll to reggie.exe to register. I get an error and 2 xml documents are created labeled settings and ms690_cmdinfo.
  6. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

those are the files created when you register the .dll..i just checked my folder and they were both there....im also using XP PRO...i dont really like vista or 7 all that much.i prefer the "simple" route.
  7. forda214

forda214 Member

Well... I guess I can just downgrade to 2.2 and use z4root, that's been verified to work with Optimus M hasn't it?
  8. mikekelso421

did your phone COME WITH 2.2.1??? if so the downgrade method doesnt work...or atleast not for me the 5 TIMES i tried it.
    merk14 likes this.
  9. forda214

forda214 Member

Yea actually I think it might have... I'll try this again tomorrow maybe I did just overlook something.
  10. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

Reggie.exe needs to run in Windows XP service pack 3 mode not vista.

I got it to go through but now I have no service and my phone isn't rooted so I can't get service back through the listed method.
    pilotcharles747 likes this.
  11. Prime85

in order to get your phone rooted you have to use adb push to transfer su and busybox to the /data/local/tmp/ folder and then use adb install to install the superuser.apk. after this restart your phone and it will be rooted. now you will have to flash the custom recovery in order to get your service back. its all in the directions.
  12. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

I pushed su and busybox and installed superuser through adb and still no root.
  13. Prime85

When you typed su into adb shell did you give superuser permission on your phone?

you can check by opening the superuser app on your phone and it will tell you if you gave the cmd permission or not
  14. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

It never asked for permission
  15. brandonjohnn

brandonjohnn Member

had to try su a couple of times anf it finally asked for permission
  16. Prime85

now all you have to do is copy recovery-thunderc-m-v1.2.0-GNM.img and Flash_Image both unzipped into the root of your Sdcard and then in the shell type this

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak

# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-thunderc-m-v1.2.0-GNM.img

after that just reboot and you will have your signal back
    duttydranco likes this.
  17. mikekelso421

Do exactly what prime just said and you should be ready to roll.
  18. juanhonglo

juanhonglo Member

original post in wrong area so i repost here hope some one can help thanks

ok i downloaded and installed everything i run lgnpst it sees my phone shows all info has the correct dll loaded so it says ms690 then crash program fails. i managed to get it to stay running and began update process but it stayed at 0% overnight. complete unistall and reinstall still no good.

first install lgnpst componets had a fail on install deleted all files from directory (C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST) then they would install but no good uninstallation.
    any suggestions of what i did wrong unable to root sucks bad
  19. joneidy

joneidy Well-Known Member

Did you register the dll file????
  20. juanhonglo

juanhonglo Member

yes i have dropped ms690.dll over reggie i have run the setup file as well. i used cmd to run reggie with the dll and right clicked the dll and chose register.

using reggie i get error hresult==x80020009
    using register i get same error

i have windows 7 64bit ultimate but see that others have had this version work
  21. lordzaron

lordzaron Member

You have to change compatibility to Windows XP then it should register correctly.
  22. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

Ok Guys. My OptM had no service, then I used the recovery method and now it can get service, and Z4 says it's Rooted, but I still can't seem to
    #1) Use the recovery feature to load Rom1,
    #2) WRITE files to the phone. IE I can Rename PhoneOn.mp3 or delete it, but I can't replace it.
    I feel lost, this is where the noob help kinda dies off.

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

PS Yes I used the shell, both through my PC and thru Terminal
  23. sthomas

sthomas Active Member

Well I was interested in rooting my phone just to get rid of bloatware. But this just sounds way to complicated.
  24. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

Just an update. I am running 2.2.1 as it came in the box, and did remove bloatware, just can't seem to do much past that. It is fully operational, I just was hoping to throw on some wifi hotspot enabling firmware, or try to burn up my cpu overclocking it, or something. Huge thanks to all the top admins in here. I have gotten pretty far in almost no time thanks to all of your efforts, I Just hope I haven't reached the end of my modifying capabilities on my handset. ;)
  25. joneidy

joneidy Well-Known Member

It is not that complicated, just read it carefully and it will be easy to root your phone.