outgoing e-mails not received from Droid

1. serwincpa

serwincpa New Member

Hi,

I'm receiving incoming e-mails on droid, and the outgoing e-mails are in the sent box, as though they have been sent. I've checked 3 different e-mail accounts that I sent e-mails to from the droid and none have been received. It has been a couple of hours since sent, any suggestions?

Thank-you for your help, I have no clue what I'm doing!

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Moving your post to Droid ... as this thread is for Introductions ...
  3. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member

This is the Eris forum, not the motorola Droid forum...
  4. droidnoob

droidnoob New Member

I'm having the same problem. I set up my work email using ActiveSync to connect to the Exchange server. I called the IT guys to ask whether the server requires 4-digit pin or remote wipe and they said no. I'm receiving emails fine, although I can't open email attachments. Reading through a bunch of forums, it sounds like the attachment problem has to do with security settings. But I don't care so much about that.

Back to the point - I'm receiving emails, but when I try to send one out I get the "sending mail" message, no errors. But the email isn't getting sent! I *can* send email from the POP account I have set up on the Eris.

HELP!
  5. adamrobles

adamrobles Member

When I send emails to people outside of my server it doesnt get there, but If I send to someone else on the same email server as me it will go.

Any suggestions?

Adam
  6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It would help if you posted;

Who is your email provider?
    What kind of mail service (POP3, IMAP, Exchange)?
    Which email application you are using?

If its POP3 (Hotmail, yahoo, Comcast, etc) you probably need to check the Sync settings for the account, folder, and the phone's global accounts/sync stettings. Make sure you are allowing background processes and sync to run.
  7. adamrobles

adamrobles Member

Looks like my server ip was put on the spamhaus PBL. I have filled out the appropriate paper work to get it removed.

I do not know why they would do this, its a personal server in the cloud.

I will let you know if this fixed my problem
  8. adamrobles

adamrobles Member

that was my problem. Issue resolved for me. Email sends fine from my phone.

FYI,

I am using IMAP and I have SMTP on my server on a non standard port.