Outgoing/Incoming Calls Randomly Go SilentSupport

1. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Having a random issue on the phone and didn't know if others have experienced the same thing.
    I'm on Vodafone (UK),
    white SGS3,
    Android 4.0.4,
    baseband I9300BULG2,
    kernel 3.0.15-933142
    build IMM76D.I9300BUBLG3

No 3rd party diallers.

Every so often, when I make a call, the call connects and I'll be speaking to the other person for a couple of minutes, then the call goes silent. It doesn't give me a 'beep beep' and end the call, it stays connected but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me.
    Initially I thought I must have caught the 'mute' option with my cheek but this wasn't the case. Also thought it might have been a signal issue but each time it's happened I have been stationary with full bars on the phone.

Any ideas on things to try or what the problem may be?

Cheers all

Elbee

Advertisement
  2. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Thought I'd best add,
    I wasn't too sure if this is what people refer to as a dropped call as the it's not actually dropping/disconnecting.

Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree and this is just the same thing as a dropped call

Cheers guys
    Elbee
  3. RockTsar

RockTsar New Member

Thank God, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Blue SGS3
    Android 4.0.4
    baseband I9300XXLH1
    kernel 3.0.15-928452
    build IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

Been having this exact problem for over a month; consistently losing sound in the call - not helpful when some are job interviews!

Elbee did you have any success with this in the last 2 months?

Doug
  4. Macmagoo

Macmagoo Active Member

I have the same problem but it is the caller cant here me but I can here them. If I walk about a bit it comes back sometimes. I have had this problem since day 1. Thought it was a glitch that would be sorted with updates but it is still happening.

Blue SGS3
    Android 4.0.4
    baseband I9300XXLH1
    kernel 3.0.15-928452
    build IMM76D.I9300XXBLG8

PS the answer is not to shut down the in call noise reduction because it still happens when that is off.

I would like to get this sorted out as well before my warranty runs out.
  5. Macmagoo

Macmagoo Active Member

It seem a little hard to believe that there are only three people with this issue. I have spoken to at least another 5 S3 users and they all have this problem.
  6. Macmagoo

Macmagoo Active Member

Anyone managed to work out what is causing this or is it a faulty phone.