Outgoing server setiings not sticking, Sprint clueless

Last Updated:

1. slthree

slthree Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. I'm trialing a Hero. This is my 1st time with Android and I am impressed.

My outgoing email settings will not stick no matter how many times I change it.

For reference, I originally set the outgoing server settings as they have always been on my Treo 700p However, after some email issues that Sprint could not resolve they reset my user name and password under "outgoing settings". Everything worked great for a few days and while I'm still receiving and sending email, I keep getting an error when I try to email a video attachment. It says my settings are wrong and prompts me to change them.

When I do, I notice that my original settings are still there. I change it and finish the process but it keeps going back to the old settings.

Any idea why they won't stick? Sprint tech was clueless as to what to do.

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

You might get a quicker response if you put this on the Sprint forum.

3. hodad37

hodad37 Active Member

just had the same problem. Try using gmail as your outgoing server.

4. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Maybe try clearing the mail apps cache...I think it has one you can clear anyway. Just go into the app manager and find it.

5. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the mail app, mine was because i had different login credentials for outgoing then for incoming, and the phone software (at the moment) automatically changes outgoing login settings to match incoming. Unfortunately SPrint highest tech support could not even provide a fix. My only option was to have my company IT to give me same outgoing login credentials as my incoming. I hope this helps.

6. mattheis

mattheis Well-Known Member

A friend with an eris is having problems as well, I know its verizon, but her problem is a little different, she can send and not receive after about a day of it working fine (on a pop3 roadrunner account) but everything works fine on her other imap account, does the mail app have problems with pop3?

7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

You didn't mention what server you are having a problem with... that might help. There is known glitches with yahoo and aol while using WiFi to access mail. Please provide the server and maybe the settings you are using and then we might be able to help.

regards :)

8. kenthardy

kenthardy New Member

My new HTC Desire wont save my outgoing mail server settings - security/authentication is not required yet it goes back to default settings where Login is checked - even when it says settings saved!

I sent a test email on the day I got the phone but it has reverted to default

Help!