1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Outlook Calendar Sync HelpSupport

1. Samsung Galaxy Note II

I a very new user of the Samsung brand.

Can anyone help or point me to a tutorial on how to sync calendar and contacts on my Note II to my Laptops Outllook Calendar / Contacts.

Is there a program that I need to down load similar to the one HTC has?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

3. Harplayr

Harplayr Well-Known Member

That seems to be a great solutioln that many will benifit from. That thread should be a sticky or pointed to in teh FAQ as there are often threads asking how to sync between Outlook and Android.

I use a paid application called Companionlink for Outlook which has been working flawlessly for years. If I'd have known about this solution I probably would have saved some money.
  4. NeoGrandizer

So true. I came from Windows Mobile/Outlook and this was one of the first things I was looking for. I also didn't like to shell out $$ to get something that I feel should have been natively supported in the first place.
  5. Harplayr

Harplayr Well-Known Member

I had the same progression and always thought that this was one of the biggest oversights Android made.
  6. TorontoSamsung

TorontoSamsung New Member

Frankly, if you really care about paying $50 for a product that will sync Outlook to your Note II I am sad. I have installed MyPhoneExplorer and it is less than adequate; probably written by some 14 year old at home. Am inclined to try Companionlink now, but wondering if and how to remove MyPhoneExplorer first.

The real pity here is that Samsung THEMSELVES has not provided a viable solution for the problem at hand... syncing OUTLOOK TOTALLY with their calendar, notes, contacts, etc.

I have switched over from Blackberry and am thinking seriously about switching back to the new BB in January. The Note 2 sure looks good, but if it does not do what we need it to do, what's the point of investing in one? To me it is a piece of poop... with lots of buttons and flash/glitz but missing something in the meat and potatoes department thus far.

SAMSUNG... if you are listening.... I am an Administrator with one of your major customers. Your Note II's are being pulled from the shelves as they are a bigger pain in the butt than the margin gleaned from selling one. Folks are lined up for customer service.
  7. NeoGrandizer

You have to really blame Google for this one. Samsung offers Kies for syncing with Outlook though their software is a hit and miss with some.
  8. DMS1

DMS1 Member

Something that has not been pointed out, If you want to use Kies to sync your outlook data (which works fine for me) you want to download the version on Samsungs Website that runs from your PC, NOT the version that is installed on the Note 2. They are not the same. It took me a week to figure this out.

The latest version is V2.5.1.12123_2