Outlook Calendar sync

Last Updated:

1. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible for the Droid to sync with a outlook calendar and not outlook email?

Advertisement
  2. ParadingLunatic

ParadingLunatic Active Member

There are quite a few of these Outlook sync questions on here. One thing everyone will need you to be more specific about, are you just talking about Outlook itself and not Exchange or a corporate calendar using exchange? If you are talking about just your personal copy of Outlook which does not connect to an Exchange server, you will need a third party application called CompanionLink. I believe there are other options but I don't remember them. If you do a search for Outlook or Outlook sync, you'll probably find them

3. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

try soocial

it is free

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I'm using gsyncit right now - sync's outlook calendar, contacts, and even notes (!) to the your account in the Google cloud so you can then have them on your phone.

I had stopped using gsyncit for a while, but the author has updated it and it is working quite well for me now.

It is free to try, IRRC...

5. illiniguy73

illiniguy73 Member

Google Calendar sync. Obviously you will need a gmail account. It syncs between Outlook and Google calendar. Google Calendar will sync with the calendar on your phone.

I'm hoping that Google comes out with Contact and Notes sync as well. For the time being, there is a 3rd party contact sync program.

Actually, I just checked the contact sync program. It no longer works. Maybe it's a time-locked beta.

6. illiniguy73

illiniguy73 Member

I also read about some concerns with gSyncit (e.g. missing contacts during the sync). Is the program working well now after some updates?

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I haven't had any contact problems since I started using it again...